PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed...

7kviper
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi all,

Just had a new sammy box installed FOC, after the engineer left i put back my chipped box and now that does not seem to work. It comes on to a blank screen, the update lights is flashing but then after ages still nothing other than the blank screen.Any help on knowing whats going on, why has it not started as normal.

many thanks
7kViper...

tersace
10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi, checked all the basics, make sure feed is in properly, go into engineers menu and check signal strength & car status, reboot box etc?

Also what model box is it and what type of card are you using?

I have a sammy that's just giving unsubscribed message on all channels except the FTA ones, still can't work it out.

Regards

7kviper
10-08-2006, 11:55 AM
hi tersace, thanks for the prompt reply, but i did take off new sammy as it only the basic sub on it. And put back in place of it my old telewest 1000 chipped box with funcard. its the old telepest box that wont work now like it was before.
I think it may have taken the update recommended for the sammy. all i get is a blank screen. all else looks okay in the engineers menu.

any thoughts

7kViper

tersace
10-08-2006, 01:44 PM
If the no update mod was done then it should not have taken any updates, wot software version is it CR1, CR2 etc.

Also try putting the keys in manually and see what happens.

Regards

7kviper
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
hi again,

i have checked the box and its on cr1, what effect does that have ??? so in full its a NTL box 1000 with CR1 and a funcard 4 in it. any ideas

7kviper

tersace
10-08-2006, 05:26 PM
OK, is it a auto updating fun card? Do you get the FTA channels?

Regards

7kviper
10-08-2006, 05:33 PM
not a au card, i upadte manually as and when. I get nothing, no fta or anything. its as if the box comes on but can not find the feed to decode it. hence just a blank screen. no channel numbers, no changing channels , just blank. i do get the now next banner for a few seconds, all blank tho' no info filled in.

7kviper

dangermouse
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
sounds like your box not receiving a signal, check the connections and then try the subbed box, if it works also try putting keys in manually and see what happens

tersace
10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Ok, in engineers menu check: -

1, signal strenth, must be over 27db
2, Net Id, must be your own area's
3, Card Status

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

IAmATeaf
11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Check the feed mate. Also check in engineers menu to make sure things like netid etc.. are correct.

johnzer
11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
make sure you have the proper frequency for your area in