PDA

View Full Version : in a dilema

Magnu420
16-04-2012, 11:54 PM
ok im in a dilema, ive got a 97'' dish with a tm2600 super motor fitted 12 months
ago,im thinking of ditching the motor and get a multi lnb holder with a couple more
tm lnb's and a couple disqeq switches,do you think im mad :9:,im gonna have the lnb's
pointin on 28.2e,19.2e and 13e,and a couple of dm boxes will be gettin either of these
at any time,atm i can recieve these and a couple of more,but find it a ball ache if either
box want to watch a differant then then the other

do you think i should ditch the motor or not

Spinifex
17-04-2012, 04:00 PM
if its too much trouble then dont ditch the motor, maybe buy the darksat motor if you want to replace it as that has metal gears aswell.
remember you could use quad lnbs on each of the brackets aswell so a 4 way or a 2 way for 19.2 and same with 13 and so on?

lots of wires and diseqc maybe but why would you want to?
what is the main reason of ditching the motorisation?
speed? non ease of use or fails alot?

personally ive found fixed dishes ideal, we have one for 13 an 80cm and a sky dish for sky lol but only the sky has a quad so i can nab a signal into me room, eventually i will quad the 80 at some point and diseqc it :p

Spin.

Mark Jose Couto
27-04-2012, 01:24 AM
I would say do not get rid of the motor but you can put more LNB's onto the motor if you want to watch more then one satellite without having to get rid of the motor ? I got rid of mine and within a few months it was back again as i wanted to recieve a certain package, so i would suggest not to get rid of the motor but ermmmm research how to addd more LNB's to your motor setup :)

Markjose

andrewg
03-06-2012, 03:49 AM
The less moving parts the better - Tour get a quicking response time when moving between satellites and motors just caused me alot of wasted hours trying to fix it every couple of weeks....the less moving parts the better - go for a multi lnb setup - but this is my own opinion based on the satellites yo want to watch

baseball16
10-06-2012, 11:30 PM
If you want to change the type of dish then getting a toroidal tish, a Wavefield T55 or T90 - this will allow you to obtain multi satellite tv from many locations, up to 16 I believe. This is done without a motor.