Magnu420
15-04-2012, 09:18 PM
been told look for a lcd tv by daughter
she want summat 37'' to 40'' and about 300 quid
any ideas guys

alanjg007
15-04-2012, 09:40 PM
have a look below

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Not sure if you want brand names or not so let me know.

Magnu420
15-04-2012, 10:20 PM
ive been checking there earlier and came across the first two,also i came across
this one any thoughts http://www.ebuyer.com/364045-exdisplay-cello-c42109dvb-3d-42-lcd-tv-3d-full-hd-1080p-freeview-usb-ebr1-c42109dvb-3d

alanjg007
15-04-2012, 10:28 PM
ive been checking there earlier and came across the first two,also i came across
this one any thoughts To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ive thought about buying a cheap 3dtv, but my gut says stay clear>

Product is sold with 90 day warranty which supersedes any other reference to warranty

found some more tv's for ya:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.tesco.com/direct/toshiba-40bv702-40-full-hd-1080p-lcd-tv/263-9100.prd?skuId=263-9100&pageLevel=

Magnu420
15-04-2012, 11:56 PM
i like the sound of the first link the technika might call into there this week

edit ...the product is not availible ... :(

BraveHeart
16-04-2012, 12:10 AM
EXPERIENCE from a member of family (not me, wouldnt fall into the trap), were plasma's and lcd/led's are concerned money has always talked, buy pish you get pish, simple as that, try and forget the big names like sony too, LG do great ones so long as you dont go for bottom of range, infact as I said, money talks, dont go for bottom of the range anything as they are total crap, trust me, I've seen them, experienced them and know people that have them and they are garbage.

Stick to 2D, forget 3D as it is waste of time and money, best to spend the extra money on a 2D tv, there are new 3D tv's coming out soon that will cost a lot of money and you dont need glasses etc, feck that sitting like an idiot with glasses on anyway, lol, but yea, theres new stuff just around the corner, but will cost a lot of money for a good few years before normal people can afford it, plus the fact that there is litrally maybe 1% of tv programmes broadcasted in 3D anyway, so complete waste of money.

2D HD is the way to go and buy quality, look at all the reviews and everything before buying, like I said, I have seen people buy some like sharps etc and at the amazing price of xxx, and then you look at the picture and its terrible, so as far as I am concerned with tv's, money talks, and avoid those big names like sony as they are a rip off.

Just my 2p's worth :)

Cable
16-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Gotta agree with BraveHeart on this one, do not buy cheap and with new models being released soon, Crystal LED and OLED. If you can buy a model that's been out for a while and has come down in price go for it. If the money is tight i would recommend the LG 42LK450 at around ?340. Only has SD freeview but otherwise good connectivity, Clear Voice 2 and some excellent reviews, even from 'Which' magazine.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/5297571/reviews.htm

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-42lk450u-42-lcd-tv-full-hd-1080p-div-x-freeview-329-99-delivered-ebay-ebuyerexpress-1175114

thelostone
16-04-2012, 08:24 AM
You could try this
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or this one
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. If you have a look at your local rs we site have a look at the clearance bargains sometimes you can find some good stuff in there and if you join there vip club you get a ?10 voucher

BraveHeart
16-04-2012, 06:28 PM
dont touch the cheap sharps mate, I told ya, lol, dunno about toshiba though, for the money your spending I would defo stick to the 37inch too and forget 40, or maybe even get a 32 or summit like that as with the funds you have you are honestly going to be buying junk, i am just being honest, but there may be a super dooper bargain out there just for you if you look at some of the deals the guys have posted up, remember though, for 300quid in realistic terms your looking at buying slightly rubbish quality unless you stick to the small size, I say this with the greatest of respect mate and for your own good, best of luck bud :)

tinkertiler
16-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Have you had a look on ebay? Last year i managed to get hold of a 42inch LG LED tve for ?400 when they were over ?1200 in the shops!! It was a reconditioned one but well worth the money and im very happy with it.

Magnu420
16-04-2012, 10:57 PM
ok guys after spending several hours of searching here and there ive found a tv
followed tinkers advice,looked on fleabay found one (manufacter refurbish) with 12 months
garantee and cheep enuff its a toshiba 32'' To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. it should be here on weds same time as the missis birfday,i hope she like it

thanks for your info guys

BraveHeart
16-04-2012, 11:08 PM
ok guys after spending several hours of searching here and there ive found a tv
followed tinkers advice,looked on fleabay found one (manufacter refurbish) with 12 months
garantee and cheep enuff its a toshiba 32'' To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. it should be here on weds same time as the missis birfday,i hope she like it

thanks for your info guys

from a quick look at the reviews I can find about it, it looks like a pretty good tv mate, I'm glad you resorted to the smaller 32 inch screen as I knew that would get you a better quality tv than a larger one for the the money you wanted to spend, plus it looks as though you saved yourself at least approx ?40 as compared to buying it brand new, so I'm glad you got sorted in the end, best of luck with it mate :)

Diablo13
17-04-2012, 12:17 PM
That looks like a decent tv for that low price Mags.
I have one slight doubt about the speakers on it though, because at only 2x6 watt, they are weaker than the average 2x10 watt?
It depends what size room you will use it in though, and you could always add more powerful extension speakers, without spending too much on them, which would greatly enhance the sound quality. Something people often forget about is sound quality, when looking for a telly with great picture specs.
I hope your mrs is happy with it m8, Toshiba generally make good screens. :thumbup2:

Magnu420
17-04-2012, 12:56 PM
it wont matter to me about the speakers cos im 80% deaf so i wont be able to hear it
it will be going into the bedroom and the bedroom is only about 15x14 feet

Gazer
17-04-2012, 02:21 PM
it wont matter to me about the speakers cos im 80% deaf

what did you say Mags

Magnu420
17-04-2012, 03:48 PM
what did you say Mags

does sex and death mean owt to you @gazer lol

ive noticed this tv has a lan port on it and after searching about it ive found
out that it will connect to a router,whats the purpose of this ???? will this let me
go on internet,???? ive read in the specs about it it states no web browsing
your thoughts on this pleae

also link http://www.which.co.uk/technology/tv-and-dvd/reviews/led--lcd-and-plasma-tv/toshiba-32bv801/specifications/

Diablo13
17-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It may connect to the Toshiba site for firmware updates.
I think that's what its there for if it doesn't allow web browsing.
My LG is the same.

Gazer
17-04-2012, 05:01 PM
ive noticed this tv has a lan port on it and after searching about it ive found
out that it will connect to a router,whats the purpose of this ???? will this let me
go on internet,???? ive read in the specs about it it states no web browsing
your thoughts on this pleae

also link To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. As Diablo says firmware updates only unless it says smart TV on it then you will be able to get bbc iplayer and abit more stuff like that.

beretta686
03-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Have you considered Samsung LED TV's they have a good range - I got a 40" smart TV a year or 2 ago and I really rate it - better than the Sony 32 TV that I recently bought - easier menus and good range of features

BraveHeart
03-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Have you considered Samsung LED TV's they have a good range - I got a 40" smart TV a year or 2 ago and I really rate it - better than the Sony 32 TV that I recently bought - easier menus and good range of features

obvious post clocker that didnt even read the thread, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !