PDA

View Full Version : Vegetable growing

alanjg007
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Not know where to put this so decided D.I.Y?

Been thinking about growing a selection of herbs and veg.

Starting off with Coriander on my kitchen window sil and will plan plan on adding a few more once i found out it the corriander grows ok

Might be getting ahead of my self - but what other veg is easy to grow and low maintenance ,as i hate gardening when its those flowering things you just look at, herbs and veg have a purpose!

tinkertiler
12-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Mint is very easy to grow but just make sure you have a pot for it all on its own as it spreads like wild fire! Great for putting in the pan when your cooking your home grown new spuds :)

alanjg007
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Mint is very easy to grow but just make sure you have a pot for it all on its own as it spreads like wild fire! Great for putting in the pan when your cooking your home grown new spuds :)

mint, ever since i was force fed mint peas when younger i cant stand veg + mint. Mint is for mints or chewing gum lol

tinkertiler
13-04-2012, 09:51 AM
I know you said you was going to start with a herb box but have you decieded on how much garden you are going to use to make a veg patch? The other things to consider are have you got a water barrel set up so you can get water with hose pipe bans coming into force and a compost heap which may not be much use this year but will be good for next years crop.

Im pretty sure Rosemary doesnt take much growing, Basil, sage are all lovely to use fresh instead of dried oh and dont forget Chives they are yummy :)

Diablo13
14-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Some people seem to have a lot of success growing kids as vegetables! :-$
You just plant them in front of the telly for 8 hours a day, feed them on burgers and chips or pizza 7 days a week and leave them to grow wild naturally for a few years! :rolleyes:
There is usually no cutting, pruning or digging in required,...........though you may occasionally have to dig them out and transfer them to a more approved bed for a while! :locked:
I don't think you can actually eat them though, :6: but they do look very attractive on benefits claim forms :53: and can be served liberally with ASBOS once they have reached a medium height! :p
:hyst:

thelostone
17-04-2012, 08:11 AM
This might help
Grow Your Own Vegetables Kindle Book (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Your Complete Guide to planting, tending, and harvesting vegetables
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. And of course its free pmsl

Diablo13
17-04-2012, 11:48 AM
"And of course its free pmsl"

Of course, we would expect nothing less from you lost! :hyst: