PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S II users on vodafone to get ice cream sandwich update tomorrow

thelostone
12-04-2012, 11:54 AM
This was due out today but has been put back till tomorrow taken from the vodafone site
"Hi Everyone,
Unfortunately Samsung have told us this morning that they are unable to make the update available to you as planned.
The new plan from Samsung is that the update will be available via KIES tomorrow, 13th April, and via Over The Air update on Tuesday 17th April. If this moves at all, we?ll of course let you know.
I know a lot of you, like us, will be disappointed at this last minute change of plan and we continue to challenge Samsung to make this available to you as quickly as possible."

DessertDog
12-04-2012, 08:43 PM
I have been told if your phone is a generic one you will have to wait longer dunno what they mean by that though.

thelostone
13-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Is your phone unlocked/unbranded? sometimes the networks get the updates before the "generic" ones do

DessertDog
13-04-2012, 04:30 PM
yes it is m8 unlocked

notanotherone
13-04-2012, 04:50 PM
can i have mint choc chip

ilovenzb
14-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Galaxy S II on 02 when will it get ice cream sandwich and how will i do it ??

DessertDog
16-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Update to ICS for vodafone are now about if you want to do it over the air that wont be available untill tuesday otherwise use kies

thelostone
18-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Galaxy S II on 02 when will it get ice cream sandwich and how will i do it ??

I did find this
Samsung has confirmed that the Ice Cream Sandwich update for unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone is now available via Kies.
In a statement issued to Pocket-lint the company said: “Samsung UK has been working as hard as possible over the last few weeks to get Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) rolled out to all our Galaxy S II customers.
"We can confirm that ‘Open Market’ and all network upgrades are now complete except for Orange and T-Mobile which will follow as soon as possible, pending software testing and approvals. Thanks again for your patience.”
It means customers who bought the phone without contract are now able to upgrade it to get the Ice Cream Sandwich update and the new features that offers. Users are recommended to plug in their phone to their PC to get the new update.
The update follows similar roll-outs for Vodafone, O2, and Three.
Samsung wouldn't give a reason for was taking Everything Everywhere - parent company for both T-Mobile and Orange in the UK - so long to issue the ICS update.

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 12:06 PM
This is very strange as when i connect to kies it says no update i am using the most recent version lol im on 2.3.4 Trying to upgrade me sammy tab too maybe i should go to voda shop ?

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Got the phone updated

ilovenzb
18-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Got the phone updated

how did you updated ya phone do it ddog ??

av any one yous this and is it safe
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i try this Applications > Settings > About Phone > Software update > Check for update

but its say no update

?

i got samsung galaxy s ii its on o2 its on payas you go
how do i updated to ice cream sandwich ??
any help plz

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 04:34 PM
dunno if 02 is available yet m8 mine is on voda and i used kies maybe you have a setting wrong on the phone?

ilovenzb
18-04-2012, 04:55 PM
just put a virgin sim card in my phone and
its ask for o2 unlock pin ? :S

i used kies this is what i got
Attachment

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 05:22 PM
That looks fine to me what network was your phone on when you got it virgin? or 02 im pretty sure you need the original sim in.
If as it shows everything is ok click upgrade but make sure you read the notes you should be able to reverse it if you have problems i was given that option.
Make sure you are contected to wi fi as it could take a while to download m8 also make sure its got enough bat power.

ilovenzb
18-04-2012, 05:37 PM
That looks fine to me what network was your phone on when you got it virgin? or 02 im pretty sure you need the original sim in.
If as it shows everything is ok click upgrade but make sure you read the notes you should be able to reverse it if you have problems i was given that option.
Make sure you are contected to wi fi as it could take a while to download m8 also make sure its got enough bat power.

the phone is on o2 pay as you go
its NOT simfree :((((

put a virgin sim card in my phone and
its ask for o2 unlock pin to use it
? :S

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 05:40 PM
When you used kies was the 02 sim in the phone?

ilovenzb
18-04-2012, 05:45 PM
When you used kies was the 02 sim in the phone?

yep it was

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Ok as long as you follow the promps then you should be ok.

thelostone
18-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Will your phone allow to do over the air updates? i know sony mobiles do this but have no idea about yours,make sure you are using wifi otherwise it could cost you a fortune

ilovenzb
18-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Will your phone allow to do over the air updates? i know sony mobiles do this but have no idea about yours,make sure you are using wifi otherwise it could cost you a fortune

Will your phone allow to do over the air updates?

nor m8 :(

DessertDog
18-04-2012, 07:37 PM
To be honest i dont think its the phone its the network provider m8 vodafone do i know

mary123452011
04-06-2012, 12:23 AM
ICS os great