PDA

View Full Version : DM800 Help needed

Satellitemandaz
07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Hi all,
I'm a satellite engineer and the boss asked me to help his friend out, anyway I gets to his house and he has a DM800, He uses it for Hotbird RAI 1 RAI 2 etc Italian television, it has a software mod by the looks of it! Mod by Jack Daniels image 07.21.2010 found it in the menu, any I have it at home to play with, at his house he has nothing on it (dish OK) at my house I get only some Italian television but not all, in the corner there is 6 boxes, when none of them light up picture comes on, then S No or N lights up in yellow then its Blank, any Ideas? Is there a better flash.
Many thanks Darren

fergalsworld
07-04-2012, 02:18 PM
If there is no card in it to open the encrypted channels then he will have to either buy one or look into getting a cline of a server to open the said channels
google card sharing and you will get the jist.

Spinifex
07-04-2012, 02:52 PM
N = nagravision and S = seca and these my friend means they are of course pay channels.
you will need a cline for the box and an ethernet connection to your hub.

Spin.

Satellitemandaz
08-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that, will look in to it, Have not seen a card in the unit.

Satellitemandaz
08-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for that, will look in to it, Have not seen a card in the unit.

How many, all say'in there the best

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 10:38 AM
How many, all say'in there the best
eh?? :confused:

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Car d 5haring web sites !, this unit has Gemini, linux and installed Cams on it, what does it all mean ? , what does the DM800 come with when new? could this box have been set-up with a trial on it ? many thanks ;-)

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 11:17 AM
The guy who's box it is should be able to tell you how long it worked for and if he had to pay a sub or got a trial for a certain length of time,
there are many sites offering a service as you say and some will give you a 24 hour free trial which will be glitch free, but sfter that the best bet is to just get a 1 month sub and see if you have any issue's, freezing, glitching channels not working etc

Ftp into it and check in the /etc folder for a CCcam.cfg file transfer it to your pc and open it with wordpad or notepad and you will see the name of the server it used to work with (don't post it on a forum)

Gemini is just a linux based image, there are many images but they all do basically the same thing, the cam is a emulator that reads the above .cfg file to help make things clearer:wink:

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes thanks, The guy who owns the box did say he had everything? but then everything went off, so he took it to Malta (his mates house) and it works fine there !, when I first got to his house there was nothing working, dish on Hotbird all ok! So with easter Hols being here I said I will have a play and after a scan all FTA channels came in (Hotbird), I Will have a look at the cfg file and see what I find, Cheers for that.

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Check what cam its using, not sure were in the menu it is on that image try pressing blue button and see if it says cccam, mgcamd, oscam, newcam or common interface.

PS you do have it connected to your router via Ethernet cable?

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Check what cam its using, not sure were in the menu it is on that image try pressing blue button and see if it says cccam, mgcamd, oscam, newcam or common interface.

PS you do have it connected to your router via Ethernet cable?

Common interface comes up a lot, and connect via Ethernet, could not FTP into it, but found it, can just about make it out (poor TV) has a user name and password under it.
When I google what it looks like I get a website tha is Under Construction,

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Were it says common interface press left,right or bouquet + or - button see if it changes to cccam then press ok see if the channels clear then.
why cant you ftp into?
username root
password dreambox

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry, Common interface comes on screen it just say's starting common interface at the top, FTP i'm using is filezilla its say's Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server,

using the correct Pass/user

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Did you find were it says common interface or cccam in the blue button menu or one of the other coloured buttons?
Try another ftp program like flashfxp there is a guide in the dbox help files section just change username and pass to root and dreambox and the ip to the boxes ip.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?8836-FlashFxp

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 01:47 PM
After turning off ON/OFF Auto-Cam I could use the left/Right to change to cccam a to few versions, nothing happen even after pressing Start/Restart Cam, flashfxp did not work, think someone has changed the password?

Ureyesonly
09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Gemini image, set the box to cccam xxx, then need to hold in power button on the remote until option comes up then press reboot, then after that the box will remember selection

Ureyesonly
09-04-2012, 02:19 PM
think someone has changed the password?

If password is lost or don't know it just reflash via IE with right image & bootloader for the box

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Come up with "its now safe to unplug power"

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Rai 1 and 2 both was working and now they say N and S on them and they are FTA :-(

Satellitemandaz
09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Rai 1 and 2 both was working and now they say N and S on them and they are FTA :-(

Are they are both back on, don't know what happen there.
Anyway going to unplug unit, box it back up, take it back to his house and leave it with him, many thanks for all your help.

fergalsworld
09-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Glad its all sorted, happy viewing:wink: