PDA

View Full Version : Major service for vectra, what ya think price ?

BraveHeart
04-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Main vauxhall dealership, Vectra Sri dec/55 plate, major service, normally 180quid but 150 (total price inc vat) for me being loyal customer.

I thought and always have thought thier prices were reasonable when you consider its a main vauxhall dealership, what do you think on that price for a major service ?

BraveHeart
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Fook it, its booked in now, I thought it was a good price so thats that, lol

Magnu420
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
a nice price you got it there,at a normal garage they charge about ?120 to ?150
but a main dealer i think you be expecting to pay about ?200 +

BraveHeart
26-04-2012, 02:10 AM
done well out of this actually, even though the car is now 6 years old and the warranty ran out after 3 years obviously, they are fitting (under warranty, dont ask me what strings they are pulling, I didnt ask, lol), they are fitting the two front genuine vauxhall Sri springs and strut things and at same time they said they noticed a rear spring had snapped too, so I got a deal on the back two springs, again genuine vauhxall sri ones, 226quid, lol, i bit the guys hand off man, full new suspension all round , genuine parts in main dealer for ?226, cant beat it, I even called up one of thier other vauxhall branches and got the prices for the two back springs seperate, and also for them supplied and fitted, turns out the price I save is approx ?100 just for those two back springs to be fitted as to buy the springs on thier own are ?194 just for the springs, you cant buy them in single units, so if ya do the maths they are fitting them for only ?16 per side, lol, its a win win situation, and I might as well get it done as its a very very common thing for the springs to go in that model of car. Yipeeeee :) Job getting done later today :)

BraveHeart
27-04-2012, 02:19 AM
feck, i checked today after getting the work done i phoned another branch of the vauhxhall dealers and asked how much for sri springs all round and struts, turns out i saved summit like at least 300quid, maybe a bit more, wooopeeeDooo, lol.

Does anyone know if they should have done the tracking after touching the front suspension as it doesnt mention that they done that on the invoice and I forgot to ask ???? anyone know ???

alanjg007
27-04-2012, 08:48 AM
I remember you saying 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to TV's. I'd rather buy a cheaper TV than 'cheap out' on my car maintenance. How do you know the sri springs are the good make and not some cheap knock offs?

For the price you paid i'd not expect top notch service.

Just my opinion thou and I'm sure everythings will be fine

BraveHeart
27-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I remember you saying 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to TV's. I'd rather buy a cheaper TV than 'cheap out' on my car maintenance. How do you know the sri springs are the good make and not some cheap knock offs?

For the price you paid i'd not expect top notch service.

Just my opinion thou and I'm sure everythings will be fine

Because I got under the back of the car and checked the labels and also checked the labels for the front ones then called up another Vauxhall dealership and asked them and yes they are genuine vauxhall SRi sports suspension parts :), I'm one step ahead of the game all time mate and the main vauxhall dealership I deal with know that and no chance will they mess with me or they would have trading standards on thier back in two seconds flat and they know it too, lol.

Plus the fact it is like the major Vauxhall dealership for glasgow south and I buy all my cars from there and get all my work done there and always have done, and then theres the vauxhall invoice which clearly states everything thats been done, you really think they would take the chance ? (no way) especially when they somehow magiced up the extended vauxhall warranty which my car obvious doesnt have, they got paid from vauxhall for half of the job, lol, they have ways and means of pulling strings, they aint daft, they wont have lost a penny, all I was doing is stating the real prices to you guys, thats all, cause I'm chuffed as feck to have got a great deal :)

Talking about chuffed, lol, I am now about to renew my 4 tyres, I am going for the new Michelin Primacy 3 - 215/50 R17 91W models, amazing tyres, and not long on the market (feb 2012), everywhere else is selling them for prices like ?850 supplied and fitted for the 4, my mate is getting me them in june/july from Costco (he works in there) and costco have tyres fitting bays etc nowdays, guess the price ????? Approx ?550 (total price inc fitting and balancing etc), lol, thats with 20% off as they have a promo on tyres every year in june/july were you get 20% off if you buy 4 tyres but only on certain makes and one of the makes they deal with just happens to be michelin, happy days :)

p.s
yes and thats correct, I would still stick with my words on the TV's, you only get what you pay for with them and thats for sure, unless its reconditioned or something, thats different, I mean the real price.

thelostone
28-04-2012, 09:55 AM
feck, i checked today after getting the work done i phoned another branch of the vauhxhall dealers and asked how much for sri springs all round and struts, turns out i saved summit like at least 300quid, maybe a bit more, wooopeeeDooo, lol.

Does anyone know if they should have done the tracking after touching the front suspension as it doesnt mention that they done that on the invoice and I forgot to ask ???? anyone know ???
I would of thought if they have changed all that mate they should have checked the tracking well done on getting a good deal

BraveHeart
28-04-2012, 07:14 PM
I would of thought if they have changed all that mate they should have checked the tracking well done on getting a good deal

yea good shout mate, I also thought about the tracking too but wasnt sure if the tracking would have required doing with that work, I would imagine it does, but it doesnt mention it on the invoice, so they either done it and forgot to add it on the invoice or they forgot to do it, I will simply call them on monday and ask them to do it and they will free of charge just to make sure as theres no way I am putting those amazing new tyres on with the tracking possibly being slightly out.

Thats what I was thinking too, is it best to get the tracking done before, during or after fitting new tyres, I would imagine either of those options would be fine but more-so when the new tyres are fitted, but as I wont be getting the tyres till june/july and I could get the tracking done now free with Vauxhall then would I be best to go ahead just now and get the tracking done or would I be better waiting until after the tyres are fitted ? (the costco tyre bay dont do tracking strangely enough).

thelostone
28-04-2012, 07:25 PM
i would get it done now better be safe than sorry

BraveHeart
28-04-2012, 07:28 PM
i would get it done now better be safe than sorry ok mate thanks :)