PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a whirlpool bath?

christian1985
03-04-2012, 01:29 PM
i remember as a child my grandma used to have a corner bath with jets in but havn't been in one since, wonder if they have changed much from then? anyway i'm re-doing our bathroom so if anyone has any info on where to get them from and for good prices i would be one happ chappy :D

berley
03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm sure gazer will have one as he's got everything else lol

Diablo13
03-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Only whirlpool baths I have been in, have been when I pull the plug out! lol

I'm pretty sure there are still manufacturers making various types of these though, but I think they do tend to be expensive.
Have a look at Wicks, or do a Google search for bath manufacturers to get an idea what is available and whats in your price range?

christian1985
04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
well i guess i've been in a few since then lol well its all my brothers fault really he came back from sharm el sheikh and had one in his hotel and wouldn't stop bangin on about it, so thats made me think about gettin one too. Well i've put about 400 to one side for the bath because some of them have lights in too, but dont know if thats bit too girly for me to have lol I've been looking at these whirlpool baths (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. which seem good, prices start low and then build up as you modify your system. seen as i'm re-jiggin everything about i could have a corner bath or a standard, but cnt make my mind up lol what you guys think then? would you go corner or straight?

christian1985
04-04-2012, 03:38 PM
and i did go to B&Q just to have a sit in a few and see what i liked, there was one that was just over a grand which was moer like a swimming pool for the bathroom lol if my house was big enough i would off definatly been getting that, party in the TUB!! :banana4:

Diablo13
05-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Maybe you could put it in the garden? ;)
Then you could splash the plants at the same time during this hosepipe ban! :hyst:

beretta686
04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I fitted a whirlpool bath a few years ago a we had young kids and thought they would have fun - good idea but would not fit again

First problem the hot water tank in the house was not big enough to cope as it was quite a large bath and could not fill it up to make the most of it
Second problem is that if you dont use the bath for a couple of weeks (shower is my prefered option) then all the hidden pipes get mouldy and need cleaning out (not much fun)

Third problem the one i bought was quite noisey (motor was not sound proofed and the space under the bath just acted like an amplifier)

Anyway not to put you off just some comments to beware of if you are buying one (all of these problems must be solvable)

Gazer
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm sure gazer will have one as he's got everything else lol

pmsl mine fits 8 in it and does have flashing lights as well lol

Diablo13
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
WOW Gazer even nao would fit in that, even with his rubber duck! ;) lol

I think I would advertise that water feature to the local girls college for free use,............. purely out of social conscience and in the spirit of giving back to the community you understand! :p :-"