PDA

View Full Version : linux source code

shenu
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
from where I can get linux source code and operating cd

thebighippo
08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
You can get it from all sorts of places.
Try fedoraproject.org

theBigHippo

IAmATeaf
09-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Have you never heard of google then?

eetnas
16-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Mate do a search for Knoppix 5. You burn it to CD and use it to boot up Linix operating system. I downloaded mine from Bittorrent.

chmod-uk
09-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Try linuxiso.org. Has most of the distros. Would recommend kubuntu for a newbie though.

grantie
02-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Hiya

For the distro thats a personal choice I personally use slackware because it not full of bloatware(only my opinion) and comes on two cds total. Only one cd is really needed if you can live without the GUI. If you pick to use slackware you can get it from The Slackware Linux Project (http://slackware.com/) I would suggest you look through the dirstros to see what it is you really want. As for the kernel source if can be grabbed here The Linux Kernel Archives (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and that can be compiled on any distro.

Hackmo
03-01-2007, 07:35 AM
What you need to know about linux is that their are hundreds of variations, maybe thousands. Some of them have specific purposes but most of the ones you have heard about will be aimed at the desktop user.

The main contendor in the linux desktop market rite now is Ubuntu, he pretty much is top dog. It's by far the easiest to learn, install and use. You can download it from the homepage here products/GetUbuntu/download - Ubuntu: Linux for human beings (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Downloading and burning your first linux distro might get a little confusing so the kind people at Ubuntu are offering a service where they will ship the cd out to you, with all art work included - all for completely free of charge. You can get this service here https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

It will most likely take awhile for your cd to reach you as it's in high demand but if you aren't in any hurry then it's worth the wait.

If you're more interested in other distrobutions and want to try them out then just post back with any questions you have and i'll do my best to answer them.