PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher 2

HamStar50
13-03-2012, 01:40 AM
It's not often I post about random stuff (lol! Only all the time!) but I came across something that all gaming fans should check out.

To give you an idea of the type of gamer I am, my PC games collection includes the likes of Quakes, Dooms, Monkey Islands, Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats...notice no RPGS games or strategy games. I'm easily entertained - what can I say! hehe.

So The Witcher 2 - my first experience of a modern RPG - it's seriously good!

This game came out last June on PC and coming out on Xbox 360 in a couple months I think. It's basically set in a medieval like times, your king is killed and you've been blamed for it. Time tO clear your name. Now mix in lots and lots of sub plots such as your love for a lady called Triss and various other tribes fighting each other, elf tribes, witches, gouls, hookers (you read that right) and much much more.

A lot of the game is searching and being an adventurer and hacking with a sword. Dialog Plays a key role and decides the course of the game (several different paths adding to the rePlay value).

The graphics are stunning! I mean it - probably the best I've seen in a game if you've got the hardware for it. I run in in 1080p with everything on ultra on my fairly new gaming laptop and it looks fantastic. I use an Xbox controller for Windows which works well. The game even shows the Xbox buttons and colours furi g fight scenes.

I highly recommend this game to anyone who 'don't do RPGs'.

Check out reviews on IGN.com or something. I'm glad the masses will be able to enjoy it soon on Xbox 360 too

alanjg007
13-03-2012, 09:11 AM
i'm addictied to skyrim right nowwhich i never thought i would be. When i comes across to xbox will check out witcher2

douglaswalkers
30-05-2012, 11:39 AM
The Witcher 2 is an action role playing game. It has best politically charged storyline and excellent, fearsome world tinged with death and despair. This game provide full entertainment and lots of powerful, memorable moments.

Korn316
31-05-2012, 12:32 AM
If you enjoyed the witcher 2, which I agree is a great game, may I be so bold to recommend you check out dragon age origins and dragon age 2. Also if you want a real challenge try Dark Souls which is perhaps one of the hardest RPGs I've had the pleasure to complete :)

douglaswalkers
31-05-2012, 07:38 AM
If you enjoyed the witcher 2, which I agree is a great game, may I be so bold to recommend you check out dragon age origins and dragon age 2. Also if you want a real challenge try Dark Souls which is perhaps one of the hardest RPGs I've had the pleasure to complete :)

Yes, I have played Dragon age 2. It is also best entertaining role playing game like The Witcher 2. I am agreed that the Dragon age is full of action and entertainment but its Combat is more less tactical.

fredbob
11-06-2012, 12:56 AM
really enjoying playing witcher, good story and enjoy the combat system as well.

douglaswalkers
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
really enjoying playing witcher, good story and enjoy the combat system as well.

Yes, I agree with you. The battles of the Witcher 2 are most enjoyable part that include excellent weapons, superb soundtrack and graphics quality which make this game alive.

Tagger1029
19-06-2012, 01:03 AM
From what I've heard of this game it's good but do you have to of played the first one to get the story of the second, although this is most likely hypothetical as I don't think I have the graphics power to properly show this game off or is it still just as good on the lower graphics settings?

douglaswalkers
22-06-2012, 12:51 PM
From what I've heard of this game it's good but do you have to of played the first one to get the story of the second, although this is most likely hypothetical as I don't think I have the graphics power to properly show this game off or is it still just as good on the lower graphics settings?

I just play The Witcher 2 but never played The Witcher original version and graphics is not too poor as you say. And I think only graphics does not effect on the story or gameplay of the game.

tom24tom24
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
There are strong rumours around that the original Witcher game shall also be making an appearance on XB360, so all of you that did not play the original PC game will see where it all began. Another amazing game by the way.

erasmus
31-12-2012, 02:18 AM
I just got this on 360 and have to say I'm pretty hooked so far. Previously I had thought the best RPGs were the Mass Effect series (apart from the lame ending of the 3rd one!), but this is a definite contender. Highly recommended for RPG fans.