PDA

View Full Version : how to root your android mobile

thelostone
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
I have used this on my mobile so i know it works
Android is the most popular operating system in the market right now. Now Everyone wants the android mobile phone as it supports many application and very less price as compared to iphone. This operating system is the most widely used OS across the world with more than 50% of market share. All the top mobile manufacturers like Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, HTC etc have been producing the best android.

At the starting of Android the Rooting is very typical one task to do for everyone. But now Rooting of Android mobile is very easy task. UnlockRoot is the free application in Android market that makes this android mobile trick very much easy.

Here is the step by step guide to perform this android mobile trick::

1). To perform this Android mobile trick you have to download & Install the follow software “ UnlockRoot “on your laptop or computer.

2). Now the next step is to go to MENU of your mobile and turn on the USB Debugging Mode
(Menu >>> Settings >>> Applications >> Development >> check mark the box)

3). After this you have to connect your PC with your Android mobile.

4). Now start the application that you Install in your PC and click on “Unlock Root” & Click on the ROOT option in your application which you open on your laptop.

5). That’s it about this mobile trick! Follow the steps carefully.Your android phone is now rooted successfully.
Note: You need to install the device driver of your Android handsets on your PC before you begin rooting your mobile phone.
This is a useful tool if say you have a unlocked mobile eg orange and you want 02 you can delete all the orange stuff off the mobile but BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO DELETE i will not be held responsible if you fook up your pride and joy,google is you friend here:wink:One other thing rooting WILL NOT unlock your mobile also chances are Rooting technically voids your warranty
Usefull apps after you have rooted your mobile
Download Titanium Backup (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=more_from_developer) (Free)
Titanium Backup will not only backup your apps, but their data as well. This means, that by backing up a game, you can back up your progress in the game as well. If you’re really into music, Shazam, for example, can be backed up with all the tags intact. Of course, Titanium Backup does allow you to restore, otherwise, what’s the point? But that’s not all the app has to offer. Titanium Backup actually boasts a variety of feature rich options that most of us do not even bother looking into. For a complete look into one of the best Backup & Restore tools ever made for Android,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en
Busy Box is something that you install on your Droid to give you some additional handy LINUX / UNIX based commands. You need Busy Box installed because some commands are not available to you and you made need them for some root level tasks
There are loads of other stuff you can download to your rooted mobile like i say google is you friend if you do need to send your mobile back for what ever reason then this program lets you unroot it as well.There are other rooting apps out there but i found this to be the easiest
One last thing there is always a chance you could brick you mobile if you are not carefull so you do this at your own risk

Jason Speed
25-04-2012, 12:56 AM
finally a tutorial i can understand, cheers mate

Kiefels
25-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Ok..I feel I need to mention...
As thelostone already has said...Rooting Voids your Service Providers warranty
but if you really want to go down the "Rooting" Route which i think is only fair even if its just to remove the forced software that is placed onto our own handsets that often we don't use and really don't want.

Thing is...Rooting is becoming more difficult on the newer handsets especially after the Android version Gingerbread .67 which has fixed the exploit that has been used to "Root" the handsets previously.

That means that if you wish to use the above software I suggest you check the "Compatible Handsets" Lists To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and it's a big list so it takes some time to show itself even on a fast broadband connection.
If your handset is not listed, then I wouldn't attempt a "Root" attempt just in case you do some serious damage.

xcbnf
13-01-2013, 07:30 PM
What are the advantages from rooting? What are the potential damages? Thanks! :D

thelostone
15-01-2013, 05:47 PM
What are the advantages from rooting? What are the potential damages? Thanks! :D
I hope this best explains your question

What are the Advantages of Rooting?

Custom Software (ROM’s)

You may have heard of people loading custom “ROM’s” on their devices. A “ROM” is the software that runs your device. It is stored in the “Read Only Memory” of your device. There are many great custom ROM’s available that can make your Android device look and perform drastically different. For instance, you might be stuck with an older Android device that is stuck on an older version of the Android OS and it is not getting any of the newer updated versions of Android. With a custom ROM, you could load up the latest and greatest available Android versions and bring that antiquated device up to par with some of the newer ones. There are lots of ROM’s available for many different phones and it is up to you to find the one that best meets your needs.

Custom Themes

Themes are basically the graphics that appear on your Android device. Rooting your device allows you the ability to fully customize just about every graphic on your device. You can load custom themes that totally change the look and feel of your device.
Kernel, speed, and battery

There are many custom ROM’s and apps available for rooted devices that will allow you to drastically improve the performance (speed) and also extend battery life on your device. A lot of developers tweak the kernels (layer of code that handles communication between the hardware and software) for added performance, battery life, and more.

Baseband

Rooting your device grants you the ability to update the Basebands on your smartphone. The Baseband is what controls the radio on your device. By updating to the latest Basebands, you can potentially improve both the signal and quality of your phone calls.

Latest Versions of Android

As mentioned earlier, custom ROM’s can allow you to update to the latest version of the Android OS before they are officially released. This is a great feature for those who are tech-savvy and want to stay on top of the latest and greatest software updates before it hits the mainstream crowd. This is also useful if you have an outdated device that is no longer being updated by the manufacturer.

Backing up your device

The ability to easily backup all of your Apps and Data is one feature that is sorely missed on the stock build of Android devices. But if you root your device, backing up everything on your device (both apps and data) becomes a simple task. Titanium Backup is a must have app for anyone who has rooted their devices and wants to backup and restore their phones.

Unlocking Additional Features

By rooting your Android device you also gain the ability to unlock some features that your carrier may charge for. One example is enabling free WiFi and USB tethering, which many carriers charge money for.

What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?

Bricking

The number one reason not to root your device is the potential risk of “bricking” it. As mentioned earlier, “bricking” your device means screwing up your phone software so badly that your phone can no longer function properly and is pretty much as useless as a brick. You would likely need to purchase a new Android device since the manufacturer of your device will void the warranty after any attempts at rooting.

Security

There is an increased risk of unknowingly installing malicious software when you root an Android device. Root access circumvents the security restrictions that are put in place by the Android OS. There isn’t really an effective way to tell just what the application intends to do with that “superuser” power. You are putting a lot of trust into the developer’s hands. In most cases, these applications are open source and the community can take a look at the source code to assess the risk. But, nevertheless, the risk is there. Fortunately, malicious software on rooted devices hasn’t really been a problem as of yet.

Can I Unroot my device if I change my mind?

Yes. You would need to do some research for your specific type of device.

alanjg007
15-01-2013, 09:21 PM
I dont know if this toolkit has been mentioned but Nexus root toolkit NRT1.6.2 is what i did my nexus with. Easy to use and it can always restore and re-lock the device if needed.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

younome
16-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi when i try and root my my wildfire htc s phone i get this It is showing error "FAIL TO GET SHELL ROOT".
Any ideas would be great

cheers in advance

alanjg007
16-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi when i try and root my my wildfire htc s phone i get this It is showing error "FAIL TO GET SHELL ROOT".

Any ideas would be great

cheers in advance

it would be good to know at what stage you got to in the unlocking and rooting process when this happened?

younome
16-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Install software on pc .connect phone to pc click on unroot then it search's for the phone another box pops up with phone make so i click on that then, then after a couple of mins i get that error message :(

alanjg007
16-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Im pretty sure that you have to unlock then root it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

younome
16-01-2013, 08:40 PM
cheers have you any info or tuts on unlocking it ? :thumbup2:

alanjg007
16-01-2013, 08:56 PM
toolkit (http://d-h.st/4bM) <--- use this. Not trying to knock the OP but i think that toolkit is easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-BReM6HF8&amp;list=UUOroJAu59GLPFgNqs4vWi0A&amp;index=1

younome
16-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Great minds think a like .. found that early and just unlocked mi phone and rooted it with that software .. thx any way m8