PDA

View Full Version : 247 Car Spares SCAM

fergalsworld
09-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I recently contacted, by e mail, 247 car spares to see if the had a mirror for my car. I received a reply which told me one was in stock, & phone this number. I was immediately put on hold. I decide to e mail them again when no one answered. I never received a reply.

To my surprise, when I checked my phone bill logged as a non included call list is this number, 07034713853. Billed at ?6 a min. What a scam.

I Google`d the number & the first reply I got was this.......

"Be very very carefull if you use 247 spares there phone number which they ask you to ring is a premium line thats dressed up as a mobile number which is 0703 471 3853 this is ?6 a minute and they are in no hurry to answer and then ask if you can phone back in half an hour, and guess what this happens again and again".

Beware.
This was posted by Clio elswhere

Spinifex
09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
no 2 ways about if deffo dodgy and is a scam.
they need reporting via the proper channels i.e ofcom / trading standards.

thelostone
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up ferg at least you can get spares for yours:(

Diablo13
09-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Definitely needs reporting to trading standards!
You could pay a fortune in phone bills, only to find out they haven't got what you want, if they ever answer!
Scams like this make me so angry, they should be illegal if their not already. :angry:
With no way of knowing the premium rate charges in advance, anyone could set this up from even a tiny flat with no parts at all, but still rake in a huge profit!
Rippoff Britain at its enterprising finest! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning fergals.

berley
10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Surely it wouldn't be too hard for your phone provider to give out a warning when calls are getting charged at such a rate ?

I hope the original poster of it got in touch with whoever you complain to.

tinkertiler
10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
That number is the main part of the scam i think. Most people will just assume its a mobile without looking at the third number. All 07xx numbers should be kept for mobile phone numbers ONLY then that way people like this scum cant get away with it!

Thanks for the heads up on this one but i never use them i have far too much fun hunting around scrap yards looking for what i want instead of making a phone call pmsl

cactikid
12-03-2012, 12:55 AM
wow thats nasty,while you are enjoying having a root in the scrappy keep your eyes open for a set of rear coil springs for a misubishi chariot 1.8 ,year 1989 keep you busy for a while

Magnu420
12-03-2012, 01:05 AM
you dont get to walk round scrappies round here cos of the health and safety malarky
i used to love going round them gettin bits and bats for me old mini cooper,i used to fill me
pockets with spanners screwdrivers to salvage what i could lol then turn around to the guys
and sayin nah you havnt got what i needed

cactikid
12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
your lucky they dont get you to walk under that big magnet lol

tinkertiler
12-03-2012, 01:58 AM
most of the scrappys round here you cant walk around but there are a couple that you can go round :) best of it is i dont even have a car anymore just end up going to get bits for other peoples cars to fix em pmsl

thelostone
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
were would we be with out you tink pmsl there is one big one near were i live that i love to walk round but they never have any of my make in