PDA

View Full Version : JBL Defends The Rock From Backstage Critics

Pejazzle
28-02-2012, 07:30 PM
-- JBL posted the following on Facebook, defending the Rock from backstage critics.

I hear the resentment/jealousy of the Rock backstage and I quite frankly don't believe it. Four of the world's biggest superstars in Cena, Rock, Undertaker and Triple H will headline WM-this is huge for WWE and the business-guys should be dying to be on this card and my guess is they are.

It's very simple to those who do have any problem with it, if there is anyone truly that does-replace them and there won't be a spot for them. Until then just say 'thanks!' There is a reason why Jericho and others can always come back-they earned that right and they still draw. Shawn Michaels does as well. CM Punk and John Cena earned the right to be on top.

If these guys ever quit drawing then they know it's time to hang it up-that hasn't happened yet, and I hope it won't. Piper and Diesel are guys who still draw interest and create buzz. Shows how great these guys are that they still create interest-it's Darwinian, once they stop or are replaced then you won't see them anymore. Batista would draw if he decides to return.

Source (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I guess it makes sense business wise, doesn't make me like Rock any more though.

Diablo13
01-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I would agree with most of that and have no problem with Piper, Foley, Stone Cold or even the Rock making guest appearances as crowd pleasers.
What JBL is missing is the enormous hype attached to the Rock, so long before he is due to appear, then the Rock himself saying he was back when he isn't!
The Rock set himself up for all the animosity by saying he was "back for the fans" in the first place!
IF we had seen Dwayne appearing in person, regularly on the roster and having a few 'warm up' matches, that would have built more excitement and anticipation of his match against Cena at WM. As it is we have seen Cena do all the hard work to promote the Rock and I don't think that is fair?
Arguably the biggest WM draw will still be Undertaker Vs HHH, yet no one even knew Taker was returning until about a month ago! :dunno:

It's like the bosses son leaving school and joining the firm as tea boy, then being promoted a month later, over everyone else who had earned promotion, to be a clueless manager! slapp
Other hard working wrestlers are stepped over like yesterdays puke and seemingly rewarded with car parking duties, in order to make way for the pretty boy, who walked out on wrestling and his fans years ago! :mad:

Just shows how up to date JBL is when he calls Kevin Nash "Diesel", a name he hasn't used for 20 years!
What happened to that particular fan hated flash in the pan anyway?
Have they finally retired him to get on with a career as Father Christmas, ...........or wouldn't his knackered knees hold up to that demanding job of having kids sat on his lap! :hyst:

Pejazzle
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I agree that John Cena is the one who has been holding this feud till now and without any help from The Rock who has just said the same crap every time he has spoken?

What really annoys me is that The Rock is so egotistical it's so annoying. He comes back says the same old crap, and next time he is one I bet you'll notice he always pretends like he is about to start talking only to start laughing and lap up another 5 minutes of Rocky chants. You know what typing this is really frustrating me because I have to remember that ar$ehole, so I won't even get started on all those fu3king Twitter trending chants b0llocks, every freaking time he starts one of those and says it's trending worldwide. You know what I'd love it if one didn't trend and instead #GoAwayRock started trending.

It's a shame I really used to like The Rock but this stint has really made me dislike him.

And when you think that The Undertaker a long serving LOYAL LEGEND was getting heckled, booed and getting the "what?!" chants 2 weeks ago on Raw being outright disrespected whilst the fans suck up to the egotistical tw@ The Rock, is mind boggling.

I guess PG era has turned these fans into catchphrase loving disrespectful fans who have no respect for legends of the sport like Undertaker.

Diablo13
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
I guess PG era has turned these fans into catchphrase loving disrespectful fans who have no respect for legends of the sport like Undertaker.

For some reason I just thought of a very appropriate Bruce Forsythe catchphrase for the Rock;
"Nice to see you, to see you nice"! pmsl
Not that it would be said about Rocky very often! :rolleyes:

I quite liked Rock as a wrestler as well.
What is so annoying is the amount of forced extended publicity given to him by WWE, even going back to the awful birthday celebrations fiasco!
They don't do that with any other, more deserving talent and it makes me sick!
It won't make WM any better and just spoils the flow of the weekly shows for me?
The problem for WWE is how to build up excitement about a match, when one of the main participants is never there?
Almost makes me wish he would do a Geoff Hardy and get caught on drugs, or drunk and disorderly.
Then the uptight WWE bosses would drop him like a stone! :wink: