PDA

View Full Version : 2nd super hub

trickyfandango
28-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Hi all
Since going back to virgin they gave me the super hub, it's in the front computer room connected to my pc via an Ethernet cable, the wifi is then sent round the house.
Our kids have got the Xbox live set up in the conservatory, the only trouble is that it's the furthest room away from the router and very often when playing online the wifi connection is lost as it is a weak signal. If I purchase a second hub from ebay and set it up in the conservatory would it work and is it possible to have 2 hubs running at the same time?
If this is not possible then what about one of the old blue modems connected with a Bellkin router
Any help appreciated Richard

alanjg007
28-02-2012, 09:12 AM
it used to be easy to do what you said and some prob still do it if you are preparedto keep on changing macs.

you could use the older wireless router as a repeater and strengthen the signal?

thelostone
28-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I had one of them and it was rubbish in fact the vm engineer told me the best way was the normal type of router, i had to ring vm with the serial number off the back so they could deactivate the hub and reactivate my old router.Is there away that you can boost the signal?or even try your old router if you still have it

trickyfandango
29-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi I still have my old router but not the blue modem that virgin used to supply, they took it back last time I left along with the box. They sell the old blue modems on on eBay for a few quid, but would virgin notice I have put an exta modem in my house? I suppose I could ring up virgin and maybe ask for another 2nd router but don't fancy having to pay say an extra ?4 per month or whatever it maybe, they may even say they don't supply a second!

thelostone
29-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Tbh i dont know mate but as i have said the signal on mine was crap i was sitting no more than six foot away from the one i had and only got about three bars,if i remember they do two different types of super hub and one is better than the other.That was a few months ago so knowing vm things could have changed i would give them a ring see what they say,but do it before 5pm otherwise you got no chance.Other than that could you reposition the hub somewere else in the house but i understand that is eaiser said than done.I still have the hub somewere good door stop me thinks