PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: The Rock At WrestleMania 29

Pejazzle
16-02-2012, 08:53 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. At today's WrestleMania 29 press conference, the Rock announced that he will be appearing at next year's Mania in New York/New Jersey.

This will be the third WrestleMania in a row that he will have worked, as he was the special host for 27 and will face John Cena at 28.

We have a video of the presser and are editing it now for posting.

Source (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. No doubt Diablo is pleased lol

Diablo13
16-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Ecstatic! :sad:

I was actually looking forward to Wrestlemania being over with this year, just to see the back of this over exaggerated poser, so the WWE could concentrate on wrestling and wrestlers again!
I really don't understand the fascination with the Rock, back in his wrestling days I quite liked him and always thought he would make it in films. Now that he has he is no longer a wrestler, but he still uses the same lines.
Watching him is like watching 'Groundhog Day' in an ever repeating loop! :bed:
He brings all the excitement of a Barry Manilow concert, without the mullet hair or music! :dh1: :puke:

I'll bet that wasn't the reaction you expected eh Pejazzle? :lol3:

Pejazzle
17-02-2012, 12:34 AM
haha you didn't dissapoint!

I think if Undertaker does stay on for another year then I'm thinking The Rock will face him? But looking at discussions people reckon it will be him vs HBK since The Rock said a few years ago at the hall of fame he would like to face him. Or Stone Cold? But I have heard Austin say the only match he would come back for is against CM Punk.

Austin shows how it should be done, he appears once in a while but doesn't claim he is back and will never leave again like The Rock.

Anyway looks like The Rock is staying around appearing once in a while like unwanted STD's.

Diablo13
17-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Stone Cold is retired and has nearly as many health problems with his knees, back and neck as Hulk Hogan so I can't really see him in a proper match. I do agree its good to see him in guest spots now and again though.
Shaun Michaels is supposed to be pursuing another career in television so I can't really see him coming back full time.
Never say never though, especially if the money is right.
You get hurt in wrestling sometimes and I don't think the Rock wants to go back to that.
In films you have a stunt double, that doesn't quite work in front of a live audience. :9:
You have to think about insurance premiums for the Rock as well, if he is contracted to an action film and is then out injured for 6 months, there would be liability clauses etc, which is one reason why he just can't have a full on wrestling match,not even at this years Wrestlemania?
Undertaker is great, but he is also getting old and I would rather see him retire as a great wrestler, than go on too long like Hogan and especially Rick Flair!
Comes the day when none of our bodies can keep up anymore with our past accomplishments, believe me I know! :boohoo: lol