PDA

View Full Version : err code 3

TEEPEE
06-08-2006, 07:20 PM
hello again
i posted earlier cos my 1000 box crashed and would only get to please wait loading data. i fixed that with much appreciated help. but after an hour the box went off a few times and is now showing err3 can any body tell me whats going on with it.? my kids live for tv and are screaming in my ears....arrrgghhhh. im a single parent dad and neeed all the channels to keep them quiet. i have seen that the err3 is nvram prob but how do i solve it. thanks.....

TEEPEE
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
sorry but just to add to this the err3 is not coming up but my box has reset itself to net id 09999 and my freq has reset as well. can any body send me a pic of where the battery is in this box cos someone said it may be a flat battery

bammy
06-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Open the lid and the battery is obvious - it's a battery shaped thing.

Check the voltage (without box plugged in obviously) - less than 2.8v may cause the box to lose settings.

TEEPEE
06-08-2006, 11:11 PM
great thanks. willl check it...

vishybaby
28-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Will that sort the problem out..

thesparky
28-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Will that sort the problem out..
as bammy says checking the battery will tell if it needs replacing the battery holds the netid and frequency a dead battery or a battery going flat will just lose this info and reset the box back to factory default setting ie 09999
if the box resets then check the battery and replace if needed but you will also have to redo the frequency and netid unless its a pure 4001 box that will auto set
hope this helps you
to reset the netid or frequency just do a search and there will be many posts on this subject