PDA

View Full Version : Sony Xperia S Predicted to Give Serious Threat to Samsung Galaxy Nexus

thelostone
17-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Sony?s latest Xperia handset, which is currently dubbed as Xperia S, was officially launched at CES 2012 last week. Many experts believe that Xperia S will bring some serious competition against two Samsung?s flagship smartphone, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Nexus. This year will be the first time for Japanese giant to enter android smartphone market without being accompanied by their old partner, Ericsson. Xperia series is the most famous and best selling product among all of Sony?s handset lineup.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Sony Xperia S sports 4.3 inch screen with 720p HD resolution. This is mean that Xperia S is currently at the same level with Galaxy Nexus, which also offer similar resolution but with bigger 4.65 inch screen. But Xperia S outclassed Nexus in term of pixels density. Moreover, the handset is powered with a 1.5 GHz dual-core MSM8260 CPU and worked under Android 2.3 Gingerbread platform, but it will be upgraded to Android 4.0 at some point.
Other technical details include a full gigabyte of RAM, 12 megapixels rear shutter with Exmor R feature, and web camera. Sony Xperia S posses 32 GB internal memory, which is expandable using the available memory card. According to Sony?s representative, this handset should be available for purchase on the first quarter of 2012.

Gazer
17-01-2012, 01:49 PM
The Sony Xperia S will be released on 5 March and will be priced at ?429.99 (inc VAT) SIM-free

johnnyc91
12-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Just wondering has anyone purchased this phone yet? My contract is not up until June but I really want to get this phone as I've used other xperia phones before. Everytime I call into the phone shop they haven't got them in yet. Does anyone know if there was trouble getting them released on time?