PDA

View Full Version : xp home security 2012 virus

Magnu420
17-01-2012, 11:39 AM
guys i let me guard down lol i had a virus which was xp home security 2012,after several hours ive managed to get shut of it (i think),when i had this virus it kept on tellin me to scan with using a fake virus scanner and wouldnt let me use mse,so i shut this pc down and used laptop to find answers on a pc forum it said d/load fixncr.reg and double click on it,then d/load Rkill.com to stop the process of the virus,scan it with malwares and spybot when in safe mode,with system restore turned off aswell,it found it and terminated it,scanned again in normal mode didnt pick nowt up but it wont let me update mse (microsoft security essentials)so i deleted it d/load a newer one,and this one same it wont update automaticly i can update manually also its tellin me windows security that the automatic updates are not enabled (a little red sheild near clock) but when i go into windows security center it is showing enabled ???have i got shut of this virus or not using xp pro

thelostone
17-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Have you tried running this?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i ran it and found a Trojan i didn`t know i had

dx100-uk
18-01-2012, 01:41 AM
always use To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. run in safe mode with network and WIRED ONLY

dx

Magnu420
22-01-2012, 12:24 AM
never got this sorted,corupted the windows this virus, i ended up using
a spare drive and slowly moving things from the old one onto the new one

dx100-uk
22-01-2012, 12:33 AM
make SURE you have show extension enabled in your folder options
LOOK for any file that is an MP3 or JPG that is .jpg.exe
or .mp3.exe

etc etc
that will be the payload.