PDA

View Full Version : New tv in loft

notanotherone
15-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Ok I put a new LCD tv in the loft the idea is to run my free sat box and Xbox 360 and wii thro it but found it only as one hdmi port at the back.......question do they make anything so I input 2 hdmi's into it?and if so will it lose quality?

digdug
15-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure about the quality but there are adaptors available

Here are a few links...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.ebuyer.com/283733-zotac-video-adapter-mini-displayport-male-to-dual-hdmi-splitter-female-zt-mdp2hd

thelostone
15-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Fortunately i have not got that prob as i run everything through my amp but this might help
http://www.hi-fi-cables.com/hdmisplittersboosters.php

cactikid
15-01-2012, 11:30 PM
are you sure that was a new tv?1hdmi any on the side that you have not checked yet?

notanotherone
16-01-2012, 08:53 AM
yep its a new tv and none on the side ive checked

Diablo13
16-01-2012, 08:37 PM
There are several types of hdmi adapters available, just make sure you get one with two or more feeds into the tv. Some of them are designed to be outputs from say a dvd player to more than one screen!
I have a 5 to one input switch box and a simple 2 to 1 switch. From experience, one with a manual source switch, either by a button or a remote control work best because the automatic switches can be a bit hit and miss, especially if you have 2 live sources on at the same time!
With a manual switch you can run say a freeview recorder and a games console at the same time and switch between the 2 as you like!

notanotherone
17-01-2012, 07:47 AM
whats the makes you have Diablo?

Diablo13
17-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Can't remember which make exactly and it doesn't say on the unit.
I think the 5 to 1 is a Hama, which has a remote to switch inputs.
I found this one on Amazon which looks pretty good for the price and would do the job for you:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. similar to mine but is a later model.