PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Nexus battery problems

thelostone
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Battery problems have been uncovered with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, as the Android kit becomes the latest in a long line of high-profile phones to be plagued by recharging issues.
Testimonies on Google support forums bear out that users are experiencing problems with charging their handsets. Deceptively, the onscreen battery icon indicates it is being recharged even when it is not.
http://s0.uswitchstatic.com/_img/library/news_image/samsung_galaxy_nexus_duo_520x300x24_fill.jpg
Phones are purportedly also switching off randomly sans notice, claim owners who have left 60-odd comments expounding on their experiences.
One user states: ?I was charging the phone and I disconnected the cable when the battery was at 50 per cent. About five min later I hooked it up to the charger again and it started charging at less than 20 per cent.
?A few minutes later I checked my email and noticed it was suddenly at 60 per cent. The battery graph also gave me some strange readings during this time.?
It?s not yet clear how widespread the issue is and how many UK Galaxy Nexus phones are affected.
Evidence of teething troubles with the Galaxy Nexus come after battery problems were also discovered with the Nokia Lumia 800 and the iPhone 4S.