PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control won't work once a channel is chosen?

peajayelle
01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I've tried a number of USB flashed images, Vix 2.3, BH 1.6.6 and others, and the problem is the same. In menu mode the RC works fine, but as soon as I choose a channel - any channel - the box no longer responds to the RC. I can use iDreamX ( a Mac version of DDC) to change channel, but its slow and laborious and makes channel zapping a real pain. (I've disconnected all other usb connections etc and removed the USB etc - same problem). Can anyone help - Thanks

Reddevil
01-01-2012, 10:50 PM
have you tried the obvious and changed batteries or maybe remote faulty sponsor sells them i think

peajayelle
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks Reddevil- but done the obvious re batteries. Will contact sponsor on Tuesday, but the fact is - I think - that the box 'locks' .

Just noticed that the box opened on Sentanta1, froze out the RC, I then changed channels using iDreamX, but the LED on the front of the box still says Sentanta even though the TV is showing a different channel? If I change channel again, LED stays same?

Reddevil
02-01-2012, 12:52 AM
im using the latest Vix image and not had any problems have you tried that 2.3.161 also it could be your settings causing the issue.

dx100-uk
02-01-2012, 01:16 AM
fire your remote at a digital camera or mobile phone
you should see a blue flash for each button pressed

dx

peajayelle
02-01-2012, 01:53 AM
@Reddevil - yeah tried latest Vix, same problem. Could well be my settings, but which? Problem started Friday after I disconnected / reconnected TV, was fine before then

@dx100-uk - yeah checked RC signal with digi camera, all flashing fine!

dx100-uk
02-01-2012, 01:59 AM
strange i know
turn all your lights out in the room

there were / are some energy saving bulbs that when they are on the way out, the osc at the same freq as IR remotes

dx

Reddevil
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM
in the settings there is an option HDMI CEC turn off all options in this to NO then save. reboot box after. ( this is for vix image) this controls the tv if this is the cause then it should work as normal.

You may need to put the Vix image on if this has locked the box in some way. I know its a bit ropey as i had to mess a little with setting to get it to work correctly