PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack boy's moving YouTube farewell

Pejazzle
31-12-2011, 03:51 PM
This is so sad.

A TEENAGE boy who died after suffering a heart defect left a moving farewell video that has captured thousands of viewers worldwide.
Ben Breedlove, 18, died of a heart attack on Christmas Day after living with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for years.

The condition makes it difficult for the heart to pump blood properly.

Before his death Ben recorded a final farewell, offering advice to youngsters on everything from dating to studying.

He also shared details of what it was like to live with a life-threatening disease.

On a series of index cards, Ben wrote a number of messages as an instrumental version of Gary Jules' Mad World played in the background.

His final message said: "I was never allowed to play all the sports that my friends did. It kinda sucks that I missed out on that part of my life

"I really just hoped that I could be the same as everyone else."

He also told how at the age of four he saw a big bright light above him while doctors wheeled him down a hospital corridor on a stretcher.

The Texas teenager's video ? found after his death ? touched thousands of people, including Cleveland hip-hop star Kid Cudi.

The rapper posted a tribute on his blog after hearing of Ben's death. He wrote: "I am so sad about Ben Breedlove. I watched the video he left for the world to see.

"I broke down... To Ben's family, you raised a real hero, he's definitely mine. You have my love."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5HLT-TyRs

Diablo13
31-12-2011, 04:19 PM
That was very moving, as were the other tributes to him.
I hope it helped his family and friends to get over their sad loss believing he has gone to a better place where he can be happy and at peace.
He was obviously a very brave young lad, who should have had everything going for him, but life can be so cruel to the nicest people.
Ben will live on through his own messages on the web all over the world and is an inspiration to others to make the most of the life you have!
As we enter another year, for all our problems, we should be grateful that we are around to see that new year, when so many others are not!
:rose: R.I.P Ben :rose:

tinkertiler
31-12-2011, 04:31 PM
R.I.P Ben

DessertDog
31-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow that has knocked me for six.I thought i had health problems but im alive still god bless Ben and your family bud
sleep well m8 xx