PDA

View Full Version : new from sony

satdoc
05-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Sony has an interesting little package for us today in the shape of a triple-whammy HDD-DVD-VHS combo that handles 1080i hi-def broadcasts.

The snappily titled RDV-D60C Sugo Roku ("Roku" pertains to "recording" in Japanese) has a 250GB hard drive, a single HDMI output and the full array of tuners: terrestrial analog, digital and satellite. Start-up time is just one second, it handles DVD+RW/+R/-RW/-R/-R DL and DVD-RAM (if you take it out of its caddy), and the price is a reasonable ¥130,000.about £600 in UK money

decoy7
19-08-2006, 01:47 AM
VHS? they're banned from my house now....i know they cant please everyone but that makes me feel like it's some sort of fun for everyone gadget....they should just lose the VHS, make people burn their tapes :)

...or maybe that's the idea, you can burn your VHS tapes off onto DVD.....got any pics of it?

smooth_cruz_khan
21-08-2006, 01:45 AM
lets hope they bang in a ps3 into the mix, tha will be cool...................but the heat off all the appliaces will burn your house down 4sure!!!!lol!

jonzy
21-08-2006, 06:14 PM
VHS... what the hell is that ;)

Gazer
21-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Heres a pic of it here

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Things are getting better all the time but £600 is alot

Diablo13
22-08-2006, 12:12 AM
What a strange thing for Sony to do. This has all sorts of features including support for all types of disks etc and a good sized HDD and HDMI, so why the hell would you bother including a Vhs recorder into it? As an expensive high end machine which could be quite popular it is spoiled by making it more bulky and expensive by including almost obsolete technology. I can't imagine watching an old creased well worn copy of "Debbie does Dallas" Vhs as a HDMI image on a 42" plasma telly. It must look like my grannys home videos of the Boer War,(ah happy days).
Unless Sony's marketting strategy has changed radically, maybe they are planning the rebirth of the video recorder and we will all be caught kipping :-?
Interesting to see it though,thanks.

satdoc
22-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Panasonic DMR-EX 95
Looks like evey one is jumping on the band wagon ?
same as the sony !!!

notanotherone
23-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Debbie does Dallas lol at diablo13 wow thats an old one pmsl ..anyway cant see me going back to something this size when everything is being reduced in size... it looks large and it seems to be going back in time with tape i have none everything is on dvd so i dont think i want one even though the spec is superb

Diablo13
23-08-2006, 10:03 PM
wow thats an old one.anyway cant see me going back to something this size when everything is being reduced in size... it looks large
I look down as I get older and think of the nights of passion I used to have as a teenager and think much the same thing m8! :9: :oops: :roflmao:

satdoc
28-08-2006, 06:49 PM
They are good for transfering your old VHS tapes to DVD the quick way instead of useing valueble disc space on the computer

Diablo13
29-08-2006, 07:43 PM
They are good for transfering your old VHS tapes to DVD the quick way instead of useing valueble disc space on the computer

You can get a cheap Duron DVd+Vhs from Asda which will do the same thing though for about 130 quid m8. If you already have a Dvd recorder, they are chucking Vhs players at you now and you only need to scart them together, so I don't see the point. Is anyone sure they don't have copy protection built in as most of them will let you record dvd to Vhs but not the other way round? The copy protection is built into the machine to stop you doing this with retail tapes.