PDA

View Full Version : changing broadband

Lainie
04-08-2006, 05:02 PM
guys
want to change my broadband. currently on bt, cant get sky or cable. want to get a wireless lappy (just for internet keepin main pc for downloading etc) , router etc and needin a bit of help. anyone help please

gracias

krazylegz
05-08-2006, 11:50 AM
i'm getting sky in when comes around my way which is at christmas,u get a free wireless box with sky. so to keep me going i got virgin broadband in as it's not got a contract so i can cancel it as soon sky comes out. it's also good for downloading it doesnt strangle the bandwidth.

as 4 ur lappy nearly all new ones have wireless or wi-fi built in. just ask to make sure b4 u get one. then get a router and configure it with the lappy or wait 4 sky and get the free wireless box.

hope this helps

Lainie
06-08-2006, 03:29 PM
thanks for your help. i cant get sky cause of trees next to me and cable not in the area yet.
mon guys someone else must know summit????
:please:

krazylegz
06-08-2006, 05:31 PM
what about talk talk from the carphone warehouse lainiebabez? u can get up to 8meg broadband with free national and international calls for only £21 a month.

just pop your post code in the link and it'll tell u if u can have it

TalkTalk - Join Talk3 Calling Plan To Get Free Broadband (http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/servlet/gben-home-Home)

Lainie
07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
once again i thank you

BigGLaw
07-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Awrite Babez, im running BT Yahoo wireless Broadband on my Laptop using a router. No probs with it - had to get a USB connector for my laptop as I didnt have a card slot.

Hope it helps kid - C ya.

G :rose:

loiboi
07-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Im changing to talk talk and i applied last month and the estimated date for my broadband connection is end of september. Meanwhile i have been disconnected from my current broadband supplier as talk talk have taken over the line. Their offer is good but i advise you to ask for a estimated connection date before you agree to anything.

Lainie
08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
thanks guys my pc in hosp now so will ask my pc man re this

gracias

lainie

Declan
14-08-2006, 12:49 AM
guys
want to change my broadband. currently on bt, cant get sky or cable. want to get a wireless lappy (just for internet keepin main pc for downloading etc) , router etc and needin a bit of help. anyone help please
gracias

since ntl merged with virgin, if you cannot get ntl broadband you will be able to get it from virgin through a bt landline, ill look into it more to get you specific details but that is the jist of it

anothernoobie
24-08-2006, 03:38 PM
what about talk talk from the carphone warehouse lainiebabez? u can get up to 8meg broadband with free national and international calls for only £21 a month.

just pop your post code in the link and it'll tell u if u can have it

TalkTalk - Join Talk3 Calling Plan To Get Free Broadband (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. my brother applied for this 2 months ago, all they do is keep putting the date back and also the customer service is supposed to be really poor.

bonkers69
28-08-2006, 07:33 PM
I too considered TalkTalk, but was concerned about the reliability, have heard several stories of people who are changing and been left without a B/band connection due to them taking over the line, how can you live without BB for a month or more? It would be like being cut off from the world.

Have a look at Pipex, they are offering a decent deal at the moment, from a friend who has been with them years, their reliability is excellent.

y2krog2000
30-08-2006, 01:38 PM
If you read the talk talk small print it tells you that they can slow your internet speed down when they are busy, I know someone who has talk talk ans they ordered it when the deal was first advertised and they only got it last week.