PDA

View Full Version : Impact Wrestling 8/12/2011

Pejazzle
09-12-2011, 07:41 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1353234915/impactspike.jpg

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LLOkoHtBcM&feature=player_embedded

Pejazzle
09-12-2011, 11:12 PM
First time I've watched TNA in about a month and I really didn't enjoy it.

To me it just feels like the same crappy structure every week where someone comes out talks then gets interrupted, mixed with lots of backstage sneak attacks and camera men sneakily filming with the door always slightly open, when will they learn to close those doors?

I think I may give up watching TNA now, I think the talents of WWE could be better but just aren't being given the chance, at least with WWE as bad as it is at the moment there is something new every week?

I guess I enjoy seeing if WWE can get worse every week lol

To me TNA just feels like the same old rubbish every week and it's felt like that for years.

Diablo13
10-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes they overuse the peeping through doors and backstage attacks formats.
There is too much too long Karen Jarret segments as well, but on the hole they have less adverts and more gritty adult matches on TNA.
The wrestling scene is in a slump lately, both companies have some good talent which is not used properly, due mainly to crap scriptwriters. The WWe is very repetitive as well, using only a handful of wrestlers, mainly heels all the time. If all the characters are obnoxious then you don't get invested in them and don't really care what happens or who to?
TNA do put on some good ppv's though, the next one being this coming Sunday, though their storylines seem to drag on forever, with no proper resolution at the end.
I suppose it depends whether you watch the programs mainly for the showmanship (WWE) or the bouts (TNA)?
Far from being must see telly, both companies now seem to be moving to watch when there's nothing else on type programs?

Pejazzle
10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
both companies now seem to be moving to watch when there's nothing else on type programs?

Exactly!

I don't watch it live so I just skip through most parts of WWE now. It's a real shame they didn't develop the CM Punk storyline further.

TNA I really am not sure what it is but it just doesn't grab my attention and pull me in every week. I think one part of this especially in USA is it's on a Thursday? I often forget about TNA sometimes where with WWE on Mondays & Fridays I always remember there is a show on.

I'm not blind I can see both companys are terrible at the moment with TNA having better wrestling matches and WWE being more entertaining or at least the superstars who use the mic are good on it? TNA superstars are awful on the mic don't you think?

I just don't watch for fun anymore I watch in hope that they can turn it around.

Diablo13
11-12-2011, 07:40 PM
You could say the same about a lot of our footballers as regards mike skills?
There is a lot of difference between a sports person and an entertainer. I agree though a lot of TNA stars could be better, but they are somewhat crippled by the scripts though, as I don't think they can believe what they are saying anymore than we do! lol

Yes all my shows are recorded as well so I can skip through the repetitive crap on all the shows.
The main reason for watching the weekly episodes is really just to keep up to date in hopeful anticipation of a decent ppv, which is really the wrong reason to watch them, but the WWE in particular seem to want it that way?
Why else would they announce The Rock Vs Cena match and Daniel Bryan's money in the bank cash in at Wrestlemania so early?
They have never done that before and I think it is a mistake as it tries to build excitement too early because matches can never live up to expectations? :(

The timing of some events in both companies storylines are quite funny as well, like Triple H leaving as Raw manager, just before Hogan left as TNA manager?
Have to say Sting is an improvement though and it means we see less of Flair and co.

Pejazzle
11-12-2011, 08:55 PM
PPV's is what make the money Diablo I'm guessing that's why they hype their PPV's so early? Altough I must admit most of their PPV's have been very good this year.

Sting is a huge improvement from Hulk & Flair, but Dixie should just stay out of the ring! How can she let Bobby Roode spit in her face and not face any consequences? She needs to look at McMahon for inspiration when he comes shows up at shows it's really exciting, when Dixie shows up it's boring.

Oh also you say WWE hype up their PPV's fair enough, but have you seen TNA's hyping? Every time they have a new announcement it's always tune in next week for the biggest announcement in TNA history and it's usually crap. Especially the announcements that Dixie claims is huge on twitter and it's usually some crappy broadcasting deal she's made with another country. It's a shame TNA have to make their name from ex WWE stars.

Diablo13
11-12-2011, 09:10 PM
It's a shame TNA have to make their name from ex WWE stars.

I have to disagree with that comment.
The shame is that WWE don't make enough use of their stars and then let them go.
It's to TNA's credit that they sign up these stars and allow them to show their true potential in the ring onscreen, to a worldwide audience?

Yes it may seem that an announcement of selling TNA to another country doesn't mean much to us, but that means more growth and profit for the company, which in turn allows them to make even bigger and better shows and ppv's.
Hopefully that will mean they can finally challenge WWE as the dominant force in wrestling entertainment, eventually, which really is good news for fans of both organizations?
WWE really needs some serious competition to make it good again?

Pejazzle
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Agree that WWE have let some good stars go and TNA have gone but everyone just remembers these guys as ex WWE stars and going to TNA is a failure? Saying that I really like what they have done with Mr Anderson, huge mistake for WWE to let him go. And if WWE want to get ex WWE wrestlers back they should consider Sting instead of Kevin Nash?

Yes WWE need competition but I don't think TNA will ever be that with the current management they have and writers.

You have to question how much persuading power TNA has aswell? Most of their roster will go to WWE in a flash if they were given the chance? Most of them have been given trials at WWE but rejected. As long as WWE has the money I think they could grab all the top talent TNA produce?

Diablo13
11-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Sting wouldn't work for McMahon and WWE.
When WCW was bought out he could have joined then but he said he wouldn't work for them and would rather retire.
He is of course financially secure enough to be able to say that.
Ken Andersson.......Aaanderrrssooon ;) wouldn't go back to WWE either as he has said before that he wouldn't tow the McMahon line because it was too restrictive and controlling!
Some of the youngsters might go, but if TNA gets more of a global audience and builds up it's profile I think the likes of Aj Styles, Bobby Roode and Kazarian would prefer to stay with Jeff Jarret's company, as they built it up from the start and would then reap the rewards of brand loyalty?

Pejazzle
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Credit to the guys you mentioned above that's what you call loyalty! I remember an interview with AJ Styles last year where he said in WWE everyone would back stab each other to get to the next level where in TNA it's about us. AJ Styles would know aswell because he was in WWF.

I do want TNA to succeed but I think they really need a shake up with managment and and writers.