PDA

View Full Version : magic eye

quazzie
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
just got magic eye for tv up stairs, checked everything downstairs-fine, try to connect to tv upstairs not happening, i'm not using coaxal because i got told i could use the tv aereal sockets, which is wired in my loft to a multipoint and aereal, please help

Reddevil
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
You will need to turn it on in the skybox settings as the box supplies the power to make it work, not sure where in settings as i dont have a sky box.

thelostone
09-12-2011, 05:40 PM
How To set up your SKY Magic EYE

The SKY Magic Eye obtains power from the SKY digibox itself, however, the factory default setting for the digibox has this feature set as disabled.There are a couple of things you need to do in order to enable this but first, please make sure that your magic eye is positioned at the bottom or at the side of the TV as placing it at the top has been known to cause some problems.

The first thing to do is access the 'hidden' installation menu. This is done by pressing the following buttons:Services > 4 0 1 > SelectDuring this process, the '0' key won't appear to show up on the screen, but don't worry, this is perfectly normal.Once in, you will be presented with the Installer Setup menu which gives you 6 options.

Now, simply navigate down to the RF Outlet Power Supply option and set this option to 'ON'Your Sky Magic Eye should now have it's red light illuminated and should be working normally.

* UPDATE - FOR THE NEWER BOXES WITH NEW EPG SUCH AS HD BOXES *

Press Services, 0, 0, 1
Select, then 4, then Select again.
Highlight RF Outlet Power Supply, and toggle to ON.
Then be sure to press the green button below to 'Save Settings'. You need to ignore what it says on the screen and press them quite quickly in sequence

quazzie
09-12-2011, 05:48 PM
i've done everything it said, looks like al need to get coaxal cable

Ryan Smith
21-09-2012, 01:00 AM
The magic eyes are terrible. I used one for about a year, worked perfect then one day it quit. Ordered a new one still nothing, done everything they instructed over the phone, nothing. They sent and engineer out and after about an hour he got it working only for it to quit again a couple days late.

Still no idea what happened to them