PDA

View Full Version : 4001 no eng menu

el sneaky
04-08-2006, 01:09 AM
hi there can anyone help me. i have a 4001 pace box and i have read the bk &ird and made a fun card. i have also modded the box and canged the caps as it was stuck in tune. i now can't access the eng menu. what happens is the box goes to diag and sits there for ever. i have tried pulling the red jumper but no joy. any one got any ideas?????
cheers

bammy
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
'DIAG' on the front panel should mean it's in the engineers menu - check your scart lead, and make sure the correct AV input is selected on the tv.

laurzz
05-08-2006, 08:21 PM
try taking the feed off and just put the power and the scart n it should work

thesparky
06-08-2006, 02:08 PM
i had the same problem, and as Bammy says its the AV channel on the tv m8
just use the tv remote to change the av output

el sneaky
08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
i've tried it with my other box and it works, but when i change it over to this box it has no picture at all.

Satch
08-08-2006, 06:30 PM
i've tried it with my other box and it works, but when i change it over to this box it has no picture at all.

HiYa,

Are you using Scart lead or rf M8?

twobeercans
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
he'll be using scart lead and yes the fault does exist and its fookin orrible lmfao. i never bothered going on with the repair i had, afterall i had rebuilt the power supply and changed a video ram chip ffs then went to look in eng menu and what do you know - no fookin video on the eng menu but there was video on the ntl boot screen. anyway now i have had a think about this i have had a brain wave lololol. if i were you i would change the crystals X2000 and X1700 could well be the later, near the avia chip.

any keen peeps out there want to get a working box and disconect the crystals in turn to see the effects. i wouldn't be at all surprised if we got no eng menu video output when x1700 is disconnected. but that is a guess lol

regards twobeercans

el sneaky
09-08-2006, 02:27 AM
cheers man i'll have a look but i don't hold out much hope. could be down the market looking for a new box soon than i thought. but hey ho i'll give it a try and give u an update later.
cheers again.