PDA

View Full Version : R-Truth Suspended

Pejazzle
22-11-2011, 05:23 PM
WWE.com posted the following today?
In accordance with the Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Ron Killings (R-Truth) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company's policy.

S (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Looks like he took his crazy role too serious. Shame he got himself into main event status then has to go and do this.

However if WWE were clever they would make a story out this it could play into the whole "conspiracy".

Pejazzle
22-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Further update:

We noted late last night here on WrestlingINC.com that a source told us "there was a big reason" for The Miz & R-Truth splitting up on this week's RAW. As you know by now, WWE suspended R-Truth this morning after failing a WWE wellness test.
Just before WWE Survivor Series went live on Sunday night, we posted a report stating that Evan Bourne's suspension for his first violation of WWE's Talent Wellness Program had generated a great deal of controversy amongst talent as some feel a double standard is in place.
Bourne, who's real name is Matthew Korklan, was suspended for thirty days on November 1, 2011 after testing positive for Spice, a synthetic marijuana brand. Bourne and another wrestler higher up the card smoked the marijuana substitute drug at a party, yet he was the only one of the two to be suspended. The other wrestler was told he had failed for marijuana, which results in a $2,500 fine, as opposed to a thirty-day suspension for synthetic marijuana. According to the source, the wrestler in question was a participant in the Survivor Series match featuring John Cena and The Rock against R-Truth and The Miz. We can now confirm that person was indeed R-Truth. It should also be noted that Bourne and Truth had been traveling together in recent months so it adds up.
This has obviously led to questions about whether WWE's drug testing procedure is flawed or whether talent are treated differently depending on their status in the organization.
There are people rolling their eyes backstage at the SmackDown! tapings today due to the fact that WWE immediately suspended Bourne for failing the test and waited to suspend R-Truth because he was in the main event of Survivor Series. There are some who feel that if the report about Truth failing the test never came out, he would likely not have been suspended and nobody would have known anything. Obviously, it's a complete double standard and many say it happens more often than you think. People within the company feel Truth should have been suspended at the same time as Bourne despite his main event match at Survivor Series.
This would not be the first time in which WWE reprieved a top-level talent who had violated their Talent Wellness Program. On August 30, 2007, Sports Illustrated named Randy Orton as one of fourteen contracted and former WWE performers to have purchased pharmaceuticals from an online pharmacy (Signature Pharamacy), a violation of the Talent Wellness Program. Specifically, Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007, which occurred after the "no drugs from online sources" rule was instituted. However, Orton was the lone contracted performer not to be suspended by WWE. WWE did not suspend Orton because he had already been suspended for a drug policy violation in August 2006, resulting in double jeopardy. The ruling, however, appeared nonsensical since Orton continued to receive pharmaceuticals following the suspension. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt claimed last year in a letter to Irv Muchnick that "no action was taken against Randy Orton because he was not on any customer list for Signature Pharmacy ever provided to us by District Attorney Soares."

Diablo13
23-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I'll bet the WWE are really glad they don't still have Geof Hardy under contract? :high:

The Wellness program was started primarily to stop wrestlers taking performance enhancing steroids, after a huge scandal which claimed Vince McMahon provided them to Hulk Hogan years ago. Vince was found not guilty after an investigation, but at the time it was almost expected that wrestlers took them to "bulk up".
I am all in favour of the WWE wellness program especially given the nasty side effects which can result from steroid abuse. That said, there are cough and cold medicines which will show positive in some drug tests and I see no harm in someone taking a "synthetic" marijuana for recreational purposes if they want to in their free time and it doesn't affect their work?
Times change and without making excuses for anyone, maybe the policy should be looked at again more carefully and revised? :-?

Kevin Nash will have to be very careful not to be suspended, due to his addiction to Grecian 2000 hair colouring! pmsl
Though as he only talks for a few minutes a month instead of wrestling, I doubt anyone would notice whether he had been suspended or not! :rolleyes: ;)

Pejazzle
24-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Regarding R-Truth's suspension, word is that he was informed he failed the Wellness test around the same time as Evan Bourne but was never told he would be suspended and didn't know he was being suspended until November 22nd, the day WWE announced it.
WWE creative also weren't told about the suspension until it happened. As noted before, Vince is turning R-Truth babyface when he returns in part because he sees great potential in Little Jimmy merchandise. Truth's turn is also being done because Vince feels RAW only has two over babyfaces, John Cena and CM Punk, and if one of them gets hurt then the depth would be worse than it is now.

Why get rid of the best heel? Oh yh Vince just thinking about the money again with bloody Little Jimmy shirts. :thumbdown:

Diablo13
25-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I have to agree with those points, though who ever called CM Punk a "babyface" desperately needs a cornea transplant, as Specsavers just wouldn't be enough! pmsl
R Truth does make a great villain, his daft outbursts have me in stitches, like his talking to pigeons story. lol
Vince could still sell his stupid little Jimmy T shirts? My god Yanks are sad, as well as dumb!
I wonder if Truth had gone on about Little Willy,..... instead of Jimmy would he still have been so keen to sell T shirts.........and if so what kind of numbnuts would have worn them?:hyst:
They are right about their being many more heels than faces though and I would have liked to have seen Dolph Ziggler dump Vicky and turn face because he is a grafter in the ring, is decent on the mike and has talent as well as style?

Pejazzle
25-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah wouldn't mind seeing Dolph as a face he seems to have improved alot with his talking especially.