PDA

View Full Version : ps2 emulator for pc using ps2 disc?

crnunn
08-11-2011, 03:17 AM
is there an emulator out there that allows you to play ps2 games and not downloaded games?
only ask as i have a stack of ps2 games with no ps2, ex-girlfriend took it.

Diablo13
08-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Welcome to our friendly forums crnunn. :hi:
I have to ask, which do you miss the most, the PS2 or the girlfriend? :lol3:
Very different game boxes I suppose! ;)

To answer you question, no you can't play the PS2 game disks but there are a few emulators to play the downloaded and converted versions.
I think PS2's are pretty cheap to pick up though if you still want to play the disks.
I still use my PS2 sometimes, there were some great RPG's on it.

crnunn
08-11-2011, 04:10 AM
nope, dont miss her at all, only hate that she took the ps2 and the wii, both of which i have games for.
i didnt think i would be able too, but thought i would ask.

do you know of any good sites for emulators and roms that work?
ive downloaded a few over the years and never managed to get them working.

Ive got a stack of old retro games that i try and not play as dont want to damage the games, im a nerd.
so best thing would be to have them in pc format.

Diablo13
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Just Google "PS2 Emulators" and you will get loads of links to download sites, plus instructions on how to make them work.
There are even videos on YouTube to show working games and tips.
Sorry I can't really post individual links to other sites on here, but they're easy enough to find. :goodluck:

While you can't actually play the games on a pc, you can copy your disks and use the backups to keep your originals mint. :thumbup2:

slikvik
13-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Yep, I've done this before. Just download and install PCSX2 for emulation and then under CDVD you can change it from ISO to Plugin and then select your real DVD drive. Alternatively you can convert your disc to and ISO using various utilities.