PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry service down worldwide

Gazer
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Blackberry users in Egypt and in other parts of the world are facing problems with their services, but service providers say it's the manufacturers' fault.
Twitter accounts of the three major Egyptian mobile carriers have been flooded with complaints from disaffected users about the service outage.
"There is Blackberry outage, it's from RIM side (Blackberry Manufacturer), stay tuned with us till further updates," said the official Twitter account of operator Vodafone Egypt.
BB services seem to be down across several networks in Middle East as well as the rest of the world.
Mobile carriers in Bahrain, UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia have also announced the outage. T-mobile and Orange carriers in the United Kingdom are announcing disruptions in services too.
Users in Italy, Spain, South Africa, India have also reported outages.

Diablo13
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
So now they know what to do if we get a return to the coordinated rioting of a couple of months ago, just use this method to put Blackberry services offline! ;)

digdug
11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I can see this causing a jam for blackberry :p

Gazer
11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Blackberry is reportedly down (again) and a lot of those who you'd expect to be Apple fan boys and girls are freaking out. Yesterday Blackberry users had around a 20 hour blackout from their email, web browsing and messaging services which the BBC claims was due to a number of server problems at RIM's data centre in Slough.
Everything seemed to be back to normal again this morning, but if angry Twitter users are anything to go by there's been more issues this afternoon. We're not sure whether a few outages will seriously damage RIM's reputation as some people are claiming (genuine mistakes happen from time to time, right?), but it certainly doesn't look good that the problems which seemed sorted this morning are happening again in more than one country.

I'v got to say that i'v not had this problem with my iphone lol