PDA

View Full Version : Image Backup issue

pande_monium
05-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Has anyone been able to take a backup of their Vu+Duo image using the plugin below?

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-vuplus-nfibackup_1.1_pli_mipsel.ipk

I've been able to successfully install the plugin using both methods - telnet and iDreamX (Mac OSX version controller for enigma2). But, after rebooting enigma and going to Plugins, I get this message:

Missing plugins. Plugin not found systemplugin\VuPlus-NFI-Backup.plugin

Navigating to the plugins folder shows that the plugin has been installed correctly. I've even checked the python script to see if there's any obvious mistakes there... and I did find one where there was a missing "-" in the plugin name as in "VuPlus NFI-Backup" instead of "VuPlus-NFI-Backup" - which I corrected. But this didn't make any difference at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

wullboy
05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Im using the vix image m8...2.2.1v and there is an back-up manager in the image, in fact there is two methods within the image, the image manager give you a tar.z ball [ var/ ] and the back up manager gives a full back-up image, plugins/settings/picons...etc...

Magnu420
05-10-2011, 01:34 PM
can you not back up using telnet commands on vu+

To backup an image using Telnet

Telnet to the box and paste the following command:

cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/mybackup.img

FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
Here you will find the backup.img file.

fergalsworld
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
can you not back up using telnet commands on vu+

To backup an image using Telnet

Telnet to the box and paste the following command:

cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/mybackup.img

FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
Here you will find the backup.img file.
That is for a 500S or dbox mag's, they have .img images the vu and dm800 have .nfi images
completely different and it wont work.

Magnu420
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
i stand corrected :(

pande_monium
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
So far, the only thing that's worked for me is backing up the following folders/files

/etc/enigma2
/etc/tuxbox
/etc/cccam.cfg

Then, no matter what image I'm using, all I have to do a full scan, copy these files over and install the cccam softcam ... then, it works perfectly.

But, as expected, all the changes/settings to customize the image are lost and need to be made all over again. This isn't very conducive to experimentation and essentially the main reason why I don't move images so often or try new things out.

But, if the nfi-backup utility did work... awesome... I'd be checking new stuff out every day! But, of course... which would mean loads of new questions for fergs/mags/etc roflmao