PDA

View Full Version : Service and Bouqueut XML...

makii
02-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi All,,,ok..

im bew to this and would appreciate some nice simple advie. I have seen some very good service.xml files on this site that i would like to try, (some have FrontRow on them)!

How can i safetly use these files on my box with out breaking it...alos i would like to know how to back up in case i want to use my original service files,,,

cheers....and thanks...

osborne82
03-08-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi All,,,ok..
im bew to this and would appreciate some nice simple advie. I have seen some very good service.xml files on this site that i would like to try, (some have FrontRow on them)!
How can i safetly use these files on my box with out breaking it...alos i would like to know how to back up in case i want to use my original service files,,,
cheers....and thanks...

welcome to the drembox world m8 :) the fun starts now lol

anyway u can easily use a services.xml that u have downloaded u will have to ftp into the dreambox and go to var/tuxbox/config/zapit and place the .xml in there (depends on wich image though but as a general rule u should find um there ;) )

the same would be for backing up too if u just wanted to back up the services file but if u want a full back up then use flashiwizzard pro to preform a full back up of emus settings etc etc

have a look at my help file u will find a lot usefull info should help to get u set up :)

cheers

osborne82

makii
03-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Can i watch frontrow, is this possible if i add details to my servcices .xml

makii
04-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Cheers osborne82, i did a full backup with Flashwizard Pro.

Managed to copy over a service.xml too!! When i first copied it over and rebooted the box it came up with an error "cant find service file, do a rescan etc etc, " so i put back my old service file to get it back to normal. Then remember reading somewhere that i should place the files in a folder called something like "d-box" and upon reboot they will get converted. Anyway, it worked...so thanks again bud...