PDA

View Full Version : DM600 conversion from Cable to Satellite

pande_monium
02-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi folks,

Crossing the bridge again, this time for my cousin. Bought him the DM Satellite tuner for his DM600c. Swapped the tuner and we now have a DM600s!

Then, to reflash the box from fresh, I did the following:

Telnet'd into the DM600 and ran the following commands

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

The above worked successfully and the box rebooted. I then navigated to the DM's IP address on my browser, and, it came up with the Update Firmware page as expected.
I then clicked on the 'update firmware' link... Chose the firmware file... and Clicked on 'Flash'
... Nothing happens... No flash progress meter... nothing at all. The box boots up flashing between green and red and then stays Red. Rebooted the box a couple of times, but the status doesn't change.

I don't have a laptop/PC with a serial port anymore. But, I do have a crossover cable. And I also have a USB > Serial converter, but the bloody thing is a male... so is the serial port on the DM600 (who the F**K designs these things!?!)... so pretty much useless.

Anyway... any ideas on how I can fix this? Any/all help much appreciated.

Magnu420
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
10700 if you can still telnet the ip of box go this way >>

Magnu420
02-10-2011, 09:11 PM
forgot to say make sure you rename image mybackup.img or edit the command
where it says mybackup.img to summat else .img

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp mybackup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

pande_monium
06-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Cheers Mags... its fixed now. Well, there's a new image on it and its accessible on the network and all ;p !

DreamUp did the job finally. Got the female-female null modem cable, together with the USB to Serial adaptor, did the job! Took its time like usual, but did it.

Channels scanned, CCCAM.cfg modded to /etc/.... bouquets added to /etc/enigma/...

Gonna read a wee bit about how to get the softcams installed... What else am I missing? :-? :6:

pande_monium
06-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Anyone know what the Transponder details are?

I've chosen Single Satellite (28.2e Eurobird.....) and the transponder dropdown has many options. The one pre-selected is "11261 / 27500 / H".

What's the correct one to choose?

Why do I ask? Well, I've done the following, and still nothing clears...
- Installed Pli Jade image
- cccam.cfg modded and copied to /etc/
- complete scan done... found loads of transponders and about 6xx services (which seems about right)
- installed cccam 2.2.1 and set it to default

Still nothing...

Magnu420
07-10-2011, 12:03 AM
you can check what transponders are what on here>> To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. scroll down a bit,can you not get any bbc

forgot to add ..i put my cfg into var/etc

fergalsworld
07-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Use dbedit click options and click satellite receiver tab and save then send these latest services and bouquets to it and reboot the box (no need to scan) and see if fta (bbc, itv) channels work

pande_monium
07-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Ok... I think I've got some signal problems...
SNR - 93%
AGC - 91%
BER - 12 to 83.... (in thousands I think)...

I do get BBC... but the picture is terrible... loads of freezing...

There might be 2-3 issues here:
The tuner I bought is crap (seemingly original Dream... bought from <HERE (http://dreamboxshop.co.uk//product_info.php?cPath=37_50&products_id=60)>.
The cable itself... this is highly unlikely because everything was working perfectly fine with my DM600s... its only this DM600 (my cousin's) which is the problem. Damn thing is he's got mine till I fix his, so, I can't even compare head-to-head...
The back-plate was for the DM600c so had to take it off. Did eventually Dremel it, but the holes are terribly big and hardly hold the tuner module in place. So, everytime the box is moved about or whatever, the signal gets screwed up.
Any fresh ideas?

@Fergs - I've got a Mac... so DBEdit won't really work. Can I not just copy them across using telnet or FTP? If yes, then is 'etc/enigma/' folder the right one to copy to ?

pande_monium
07-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Ok... managed to get my wife's work laptop loaded with DBEdit and uploaded these bouquets... but still the issue of a bad signal persists.
How can I check if the tuner I've bought is a clone? It does say on the PCB that the tuner is from Dream Media or something similar... and its a DVB-S3 tuner.

pande_monium
07-10-2011, 02:11 AM
@mags... I can't find /var/etc... there's no /var folder here at all...

fergalsworld
07-10-2011, 10:32 AM
How did you install the cam was it a tar file you sent over then went to addons and did a manual install?
the .cfg goes in /etc on pli jade image
cant you try the box on your mate's or another feed

Magnu420
07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
make sure the tuner is seated properly,try another img (pm sent)
i dont have a back up yet or i would send it you,

the tuner will be original but this confuse me you say its a DVB-S3 tuner

Dvb-s tuner are for sd boxes
Dvb-s2 tuner are for hd boxes
Dvb-s3 tuner ???

here a original img from dreammultimedia

just been thinkin wont the new tuners need drivers,i cant seem to find this info on dm site

Magnu420
07-10-2011, 12:31 PM
also can you not get a back up img from workin box to put on this box

Magnu420
07-10-2011, 01:03 PM
also forgot to ask can you not d/load the cccam via the blue button

pande_monium
07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
How did you install the cam was it a tar file you sent over then went to addons and did a manual install?
the .cfg goes in /etc on pli jade image
cant you try the box on your mate's or another feed
Downloaded it from the menu...
That's where I've kept the cfg as well... but it doesn't seem to be clearing the channels. Thinking of reinstalling the image from scratch again.

make sure the tuner is seated properly,try another img (pm sent)
i dont have a back up yet or i would send it you,
the tuner will be original but this confuse me you say its a DVB-S3 tuner
Dvb-s tuner are for sd boxes
Dvb-s2 tuner are for hd boxes
Dvb-s3 tuner ???

here a original img from dreammultimedia

just been thinkin wont the new tuners need drivers,i cant seem to find this info on dm site
Seating the tuner's the main problem... without the backplate, its moving all the way from here to Timbuktoo...!
It is a DVB-S3 tuner module he's sent me... image of what's written on it attached...
Don't think they need new drivers... not sure though... I installed mine last year and as far as I can remember it, it worked straight off.

Just spoke to the chap at DreamBoxShop.co.uk and he says that DVB-S3 is indeed the correct tuner for DM600s. S2 is the HD module... so, presumably, S/S1 was the older version of the tuner?

also can you not get a back up img from workin box to put on this box
My 600s is with my cousin... hence the reason I can't get an image off it. That was my first thought as well...

also forgot to ask can you not d/load the cccam via the blue button
Yep... that's how I installed it.

fergalsworld
07-10-2011, 06:47 PM
If that is were the download and install put the cfg then thats were it should go
Try unistalling the cam and try 2.1.4 instead you will need to input your bk into the cfg

pande_monium
07-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok... finally getting somewhere. I've done the following:

Changed the cable coming to the box
Installed cccam 2.1.4
The above has helped in the following:

The signal problem has dropped substantially.

Some of the channels have cleared.

But... not all channels have cleared. Only a few select channels in Ferg's bouquet list have cleared. For eg.,
Sky sports 1 - No picture
Sky Sports 2 - Working...
Sky Comedy - No picture
Film4 - Working...

It seems to point a finger in the direction that the channel scan wasn't proper perhaps?
Also, the box itself is responding extremely slowly now... eg, if I press the "Down" button, the bouquet list comes up after about 10 seconds. Problem with the image itself?

you will need to input your bk into the cfg
Not sure what you mean by this fergs... please can you elaborate?

fergalsworld
07-10-2011, 09:38 PM
you have pm about the bk:wink:

pande_monium
08-10-2011, 01:47 AM
UPDATE: The problem point - The fekking tuner's busted !!

I finally got my own box back tonight from my bro and swapped the tuners around to check if that was the case... and lo and behold... all channels and box worked perfectly! Been racking my brains (what little of it that I've got!) for the past week trying various things out, etc... and now I have an answer! The tuner goes back tomorrow for a replacement.

BTW - I checked the tuner on my own box and its the same (DVB-S3). So, the one I bought is indeed an original; however, its busted !!

pande_monium
14-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Final Update: Received the tuner today... put it in and everything's sorted! Brilliant! Job's a good 'un!

A huge thanks to all who helped, on and off this thread... you guys know who you are :)... give yourself a pat on your backs ;p.

pande_monium
16-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Think I bloody spoke too soon... well... not the same problem, but a related one I suppose.

Reinstalled the Pli image. On the 1st bootup, it asked me to setup the dish. I selected "Simple or Single DiSeq".
Then the next choice was for "Normal USA/Canada something" or "non-normal USA/Canada something"... Choose the Normal one.
Did a transponder scan and on finding a valid one, did a full scan. It found loads of services... but not all. I'm missing loads of channels!

Did I choose something wrong?

Fergals - Initially, I had the bouquets you sent me, but on navigating to most channels, the channel would be blank... no epg either. However, sometimes, it would clear after a few minutes. Eg. Sly Sports 2 is working perfectly. However, Sly Sports 1 & 3 go blank when I navigate to them. However, when I stay on Sly Sports 1 for a few minutes, it clears and I can see the channel.

Any idea why? Or what did I do wrong? I think I've setup the image incorrectly... (BTW... I've got a simple Sly dish and the DM600s is connected directly to the Dish.)

fergalsworld
16-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Try these bouquets and services they are the latest ones from SGTFlipFlop

pande_monium
16-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Cheers fergals... have uploaded the latest channelsset and the problem still persists.

The channels do clear... but it takes about 30-180 seconds on each channel to do so. This happens for about 30-50% of channels.

My thoughts are - Have I setup the box correctly? I've chosen "Single Satellite Diseq" settings with 28.2e Astrabird (or whatever the Sly satellite is called!). There is another option which is slightly confusing to me... the choice between 'Normal US/Canada" and non usual USA/Canada setup! No clue what this is for...

The image I've installed is the PLi Jade 3 : "pli-jade3-dm600pvr-20090627-6494".

fergalsworld
16-10-2011, 10:58 AM
If your on a fixed dish then you have chosen the right setting
sounds like its a cam problem or the sealion you have been given is not from the card holder and he is resharing his line to you, what version cam you running
try a different image se if its the same.

Magnu420
16-10-2011, 05:05 PM
these are they latest sgt flopflip bouquets

notanotherone
17-10-2011, 09:48 AM
is this issue with your box or your cousins?why dont you take his box put it on your setup replace his sealion with yours and see if this work ok dont have the 2 boxs connected together tho

pande_monium
19-10-2011, 09:34 PM
is this issue with your box or your cousins?
My cousin's box. Mine is working perfectly well.

why dont you take his box put it on your setup replace his sealion with yours and see if this work ok dont have the 2 boxs connected together tho
Don't have the boxes with me unfortunately... otherwise I'd have done it already. That's why I was trying to figure our if there's an alternative.

Magnu420
19-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Think I bloody spoke too soon... well... not the same problem, but a related one I suppose.

Reinstalled the Pli image. On the 1st bootup, it asked me to setup the dish. I selected "Simple or Single DiSeq".
Then the next choice was for "Normal USA/Canada something" or "non-normal USA/Canada something"... Choose the Normal one.
Did a transponder scan and on finding a valid one, did a full scan. It found loads of services... but not all. I'm missing loads of channels!

Did I choose something wrong?

Fergals - Initially, I had the bouquets you sent me, but on navigating to most channels, the channel would be blank... no epg either. However, sometimes, it would clear after a few minutes. Eg. Sly Sports 2 is working perfectly. However, Sly Sports 1 & 3 go blank when I navigate to them. However, when I stay on Sly Sports 1 for a few minutes, it clears and I can see the channel.

Any idea why? Or what did I do wrong? I think I've setup the image incorrectly... (BTW... I've got a simple Sly dish and the DM600s is connected directly to the Dish.)

after reading this again you should of set it up with no diseq cos you only got the dish pointin at one sat ie:28e if it was 28e and 19e you would use the simple diseq,as for the Normal USA/Canada something" or "non-normal USA/Canada something" use non-normal usa (unless thats where you are)

http://openpli.org/wiki/E1Satconfig

Magnu420
24-10-2011, 02:18 PM
anymore news on this pande

did you get sorted ???

pande_monium
24-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Would you believe it...? I got my cousin over with the box on Saturday telling him the issues I've had with his box... and wanted him to see it too... Started the box... lo and behold... everything was working perfectly fine!

I had done NOTHING... just started up the box after a few days yesterday and everything worked perfectly! Like there were no problems before! Felt like an idiot claiming there were!

Cheers guys... hope this is the last I see of that box!

thelostone
24-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Are you sure you have`nt swapped it from the one you showed me pmsl

Magnu420
24-10-2011, 10:56 PM
you should of swapped the tuners then you could have gave me the sat tuner pmsl

glad you got sorted in the end,aint dreamboxes fun ;)

pande_monium
25-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Are you sure you have`nt swapped it from the one you showed me pmsl

Hah... I wish I had now! The first time I swapped the tuners and everything was ok... I swapped them back because the new one was my cousin's... on hindsight, if I'd have left it be, I'd not have wasted another bloody week!

So, how's Molly? Give her our love... and the best to the good lady too... hope she's feeling better now. I go in for my op tomorrow... if you don't hear from me in a few days, do pen a few words on my obituary!

Laters folks... once again... thank you, one and all. Much obliged.

thelostone
25-10-2011, 11:10 PM
You will be fine mate give me a ring when you feel up to it all the best

pande_monium
27-10-2011, 04:04 PM
give me a ring when you feel up to it

Oi... you do know I'm a happily married hetro-sexual man... so, how come all of a sudden... this??? roflmao

jm24
26-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi folks,

Crossing the bridge again, this time for my cousin. Bought him the DM Satellite tuner for his DM600c. Swapped the tuner and we now have a DM600s!

Then, to reflash the box from fresh, I did the following:

Telnet'd into the DM600 and ran the following commands

mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

The above worked successfully and the box rebooted. I then navigated to the DM's IP address on my browser, and, it came up with the Update Firmware page as expected.
I then clicked on the 'update firmware' link... Chose the firmware file... and Clicked on 'Flash'
... Nothing happens... No flash progress meter... nothing at all. The box boots up flashing between green and red and then stays Red. Rebooted the box a couple of times, but the status doesn't change.

I don't have a laptop/PC with a serial port anymore. But, I do have a crossover cable. And I also have a USB > Serial converter, but the bloody thing is a male... so is the serial port on the DM600 (who the F**K designs these things!?!)... so pretty much useless.

Anyway... any ideas on how I can fix this? Any/all help much appreciated.

Im in a similar situation.. Did telnet work for you?

jm24
26-03-2014, 07:37 PM
im in a similar situation
my dm600pvr - nothing happens when i click flash

fergalsworld
26-03-2014, 09:36 PM
im in a similar situation
my dm600pvr - nothing happens when i click flash
Do you mean through the web browser, have you extracted the image you are trying to flash first from the rar file if it came rarred up

jm24
26-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Do you mean through the web browser, have you extracted the image you are trying to flash first from the rar file if it came rarred up

Yes.. I opened the zip file, dragged the Nfi file to desktop
Put my ip into web browser
Clicked upgrade firmware
Located the Nfi and click flash - nothing happens..almost as if the flash button had no purpose
I've done one with a dm800 and it works fine (no telnet in dm800)
Any help?? I tried changing computer , tested other images , different browsers, downgraded browsers
Also I can't access FTP programs like FileZilla flash wizard because it's constantly in flash mode
I think the telnet command deleted the original image

fergalsworld
27-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Try using dreamup with a nullmodem cable and ethernet cable
How Do I Use Dreamup?

If, for any reason, your box won't boot, you will have to use Dreamup to flash an image instead of Flash Wizard Pro or any other method. You won't be able to connect via ethernet so no ip address is required. It may be that the process simply hung up during flashing or you accidentally pulled the plug half way through (yes it did happen to me). This will get you back on track.

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)
Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message

Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5605/dreamup2tc0.jpg

Click Yes or Ya (depending on the version)

Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9351/dreamup3kk2.jpg

After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory
Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running
Video tut here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2pMZ1kVBM

jm24
29-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I have my dreambox null modem and adaptor wires but i cannot establish a connection because there is no image on the box. I followed the tutorial exactly, click connect, then were it says connection prepared, now switch on dreambox, i switch on dreambox but nothing... It cant get it db mode because there is no image

jm24
29-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Also just to add i tried another dm600pvr box, same error (except this one has an original image).. Dreamup is not detecting the dreamboxes when they are powered (the power makes no difference).. Tried changing power adaptor multiple times, and using different dream up versions (1.3.3.4 and 1.3.3.9)

fergalsworld
29-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Have you tried a different pc could be yours blocking connection somehow and you are using a straight through null modem cable
you could also try this not sure if it will do a 600 but you have nothing to lose
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?52068-DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas&p=253192#post253192

notanotherone
29-03-2014, 06:02 PM
i know this may not help ,i allways used to have the same problem ,but do you have the box connected to an ethernet cable as well as your null modem cable ?

jm24
29-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Just tried another pc, my friends dm500s same problem... Bought a new female to female serial null modem cable, still same problem...
The dreamup version didn't work when i clicked connect
I tried using the ethernet cable aswell, no difference...

jm24
29-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Does the lnb pin have to be in?? I have not tried using another serial 9pin to usb adaptor (only got one anyway).. can't do straight null modem since my computer only had a 15 pin.

jm24
29-03-2014, 07:14 PM
The two dm600 both worked with the original image, but the telnet protocol deleted the image off one... Yet none of them are accessible by dreamup

notanotherone
30-03-2014, 02:19 PM
ok it doenst need an image for you to get dreamup to work dreamup only connects to box you can put on an image ,do you have flash wizard pro? try to see if this works ,next one can you post pictures of whats showing on the screen if your trying to do it on differnet computers then its your equipment that mite be at fault let us know all the stuff you are using and well go thro it one piece at a time to see whats blocking,there isnt any thing like mcafee or stuff like blocking it ?anyway keep trying well get you sorted

fergalsworld
30-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Does the lnb pin have to be in?? I have not tried using another serial 9pin to usb adaptor (only got one anyway).. can't do straight null modem since my computer only had a 15 pin.
To me the problem might be the usb to serial adaptor you are using, can you not try using someone's pc that has a 9 pin com port on board

jm24
30-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the reply guys.. I think You guys are right it's the equipment.. I bought another null modem serial cable but still nothing.. Seems to be the USB to serial .. What would you guys recommend.. I am considering a PCMCIA to 9 pin port card although it would be on my old laptop which is very slow.. Or another USB serial adaptor?? What equipment do you guys use??

jm24
30-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Dreambox 600s and 500s, null modem rs232 serial cable female to female
9 pin, wch serial to USB adaptor, dream up version 1.339, 1.334, 1.2.2.0, universal dream up .. Four pcs tried all via USB, two windows xp and two windows 7..

jm24
30-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Would you guys recommend this?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. rking&hash=item5d42238692

fergalsworld
30-03-2014, 08:40 PM
That will be ok for a desktop pc only
What is the make and model number of the usb to serial you have now could be a driver issue why its not working

jm24
30-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh I was going to use the PCMCIA with a sony vaio laptop.. I have a wireless external PCMCIA card on this laptop to get internet.. Will this not work if I use the card in this slot?? Also it's one of those cheap ebay ones it's called wch serial to USB db9 adaptor.. Came with a mini cd which contained four folders, containing different drivers.. Stuff like ch340, USB to parallel, some printer folder.. I've tried downloading them individually and all of them at once. It becomes detected on all computers.. On my old laptop, it said unable to load driver because windows couldn't find a better version of the driver that I installed

jm24
30-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Arghh I see.. Can I jus ask how you know this??
Also I had seen other ones for notebooks where it's the PCMCIA cards attached to a adaptor cable..
If none of these are possible could you please redirect me to one which would work ??

fergalsworld
31-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Oh I was going to use the PCMCIA with a sony vaio laptop.. I have a wireless external PCMCIA card on this laptop to get internet.. Will this not work if I use the card in this slot??
No its a pci card not a pcmcia it goes into a pci slot on a desktop motherboard

Arghh I see.. Can I jus ask how you know this??
Also I had seen other ones for notebooks where it's the PCMCIA cards attached to a adaptor cable..
If none of these are possible could you please redirect me to one which would work ??
I would not like to recommend one that goes into the pcmcia slot on your lappy as it might not work
surely you know someone who has a desktop pc with a 9pin com port on it that you could try using, as once they are flashed you can use a ethernet cable to flash them in the future.

fergalsworld
31-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Another thought did you check in device manager that the usb adaptor is using the same com port that dreamup is asking for.