PDA

View Full Version : netboot.sb4100e.sending reset request.error

abas999
02-08-2006, 09:05 AM
hi every one i hope someone can help me.. i bought new moto surfboard from ebay sb4100e this modem is unlocked... i wanted to install firmware using netboot so i can get to the hack page and change mac add... first thing i did was pluged enet cable to the modem, pluged ntl cable feed... before i pluged the power in.. i stored all files in c://temp for instance...NetBoot.exe, NetBoot.ini,vxworks.st SB4100-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.01.hex.bin....... in netboot i ticket enable ftp server.. also i set ftp root patch correctly for instant c://temp/vxworks.st... i choosed the right adpter which is enet SET SNPM PORT TO 166 . i ticked reset modem before booting finally i ticket auto IP because i am using XP... i powered up the modem everything is connected green lights on... i disbaled all firewall and antivirus.. also disbaled my window firewall... final stage i clicked "boot over NETWORK" and i get this message

" sending reset request....error"

can anyone tell if i am doing something wrong here or this modem is ****t sory my french.... plz help me i am not getting any sleep at night over this lol

and i am sorry if i am asking something you have already answer... i search first but no matching problem.. thank you in advance... plz relp asap because my brother want to take the modem to a trader who will charge him £50.. i keep telling him i can do it...... bye

abas999
02-08-2006, 09:15 AM
sorry every one i meant 161 port setting in netbooot

jumpinjo
02-08-2006, 09:49 AM
hi m8 not sure where you went wrong but you say modem is unlocked, if you mean new firmware already on try SNMP port setting 225, if it aint then i would keep feed out as it might update to latest firmware which aint netbootable.

go to help page 192.168.100.1 and see what firmware is on modem and let us know.

abas999
02-08-2006, 10:14 AM
hi jumpinjo i can't belive the quick reply thank you so much... i got good news i was playing around with netboot.. and guess what i got this message now

Sending reset request...ok
Waiting for CM to boot...ok
Retrieving CM MAC address...ok (002040DC71F0)
Sending NetBoot request...ok
Adding 192.168.100.10 IP to adapter...ok (already assigned)
Starting FTP server...ok (already started)
New FTP client.
New FTP user (jmcqueen, rickey7)...accepted
FTP file request (/opt/vwMIPS_1_0_1_fcs/target/config/sb4100/vxWorks.st)...error (file not found)
FTP exception (Connection Closed Gracefully.)
FTP client disconnected.

netboot can't find vxworks.st...

all the files are in c://temp so ftp path in netboot will be.....C:\temp\vxworks.st

i even tried taking vxworks.st to distop still no joy

thank you for ur reply can you tell me wat i can do now,, how can i solve this one... i am still playing with netboot

ooh my firmware is

Software Version: SB4100-0.4.4.0-SCM06-NOSH
Hardware Version: 0
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

bladesftp
02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
try changing the ftp path for netboot to just C:\temp

abas999
02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
thank you for u fast reply you guys are star i will try this now one moment

abas999
02-08-2006, 11:40 AM
hello guys thank you for all your relplies... i got free internet now.. i have sorted all the problems with ur help thank you agian.. i am soo happy and proud of my self

ooh i am browsing the net with 10mp speeeeeeeeeeed

awol
02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
cool, welldone m8 :D