PDA

View Full Version : Solar Electree For Charging Gadgets

thelostone
20-09-2011, 10:45 AM
French designer Vivien Muller is the man behind this incredible concept. The Electree is a solar bonsai tree which was inspired by the tree?s ability to photosynthesise form sun. The concept took three years to reach the point where it is now. It is a perfect combination of aesthetics, ecology and functionality.

I am going green lol

This Electree consists of 27 amorphous silicon solar panels which captures sunlight more efficiently. The Electree has been divided into different modules which rotate freely to create various shapes with the bonsai tree. The product is now open for pre-sale and if 400 of them are pre-sold before 15th October, the lucky buyers will receive them before Christmas along with a certificate.

The solar panels receive the solar energy , convert it and then store it in a 13,500 mAh battery in the base of the bonsai tree. The battery can be fully charged in less than 36 hours which then can be used to charge various portable devices like MP3 players, cell phones, tablets, etc. through USB connection. The Electree is designed to place indoors near windows to get most of the sunlight possible.

Some specifications of the Bonsai Electree are:
■Solar Panels: 27 (96mm x 96mm) silicon solar panels
■Electree Size: 40cm high
■Battery Capacity: 13,500 mAh
■Electrical Output: USB + AC plug

Diablo13
20-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm sure that will make a good talking point at your next dinner party.
A very clever idea, I don't suppose this one is free though! :wink: