PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 coming on 15 October, says Orange boss

notanotherone
17-09-2011, 11:20 AM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2826/iphone515october1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/iphone515october1.jpg/)

The hyper-hyped iPhone 5 is coming out on 15 October, according to the CEO of France Telecom, the parent company of Orange.

Mobile bigwig St?phane Richard was speaking to French reporters when he let slip that the fifth iPhone's French release date would be slap bang in the middle of October. If that's true, we'd expect the UK release date to be the same day.

Richard hasn't been shy about discussing Apple's plans in the past -- in May he confirmed that Apple is working on a smaller SIM-card standard.

So how likely is a 15 October launch date? Well, it would align nicely with rumours that AppleCare staff had been told to expect an increase in queries related to iOS 5 from Monday 10 October -- last year Apple released iOS 4 just a few days before the iPhone 4 itself.

On the other hand 15 October is a Saturday, which might be convenient for shoppers, but for the last few years Apple has released its biggest products during the week, forcing working stiffs like ourselves out the office to queue for them. Apple will also be keen on getting media outlets to write loads of coverage on the launch, and that's harder to do on a weekend.

We're not sure what to expect from the iPhone 5 -- leaked case designs suggest a rounded back with a larger screen, though recently an analyst said that the iPhone 5 was likely to be a minor redesign, and look a lot like the current iPhone 4.

What do you think the iPhone 5 will be?

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-5-coming-on-15-october-says-orange-boss-50005206/

Diablo13
17-09-2011, 03:51 PM

I think the IPhone 5 will be too expensive! :rolleyes:

thelostone
17-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Dose this mean i can have your old one pmsl

Gazer
19-09-2011, 10:29 AM

I think the IPhone 5 will be too expensive! :rolleyes:

you can see it for yourself here Diablo

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. then let us know if you think it will be expensive ;)

berley
19-09-2011, 01:22 PM
If that's what it's going to be like I want one :zoom:

Magnu420
19-09-2011, 02:11 PM
i must admit it is ultra thin i end up snapping it in 2,i liked the features specialy the hologram

@ gazer are you gonna buy all the mods one for crimbo :bullbeg:

Gazer
19-09-2011, 03:10 PM
@ gazer are you gonna buy all the mods one for crimbo

pmsl thats the best joke i'v heard this year.

Diablo13
19-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I have to admit I'm very impressed with the tech in that, really different to anything else I have seen!
Like Magnu I think it looks a bit delicate though.
Maybe I should have said "too expensive" for me, but then I'm not much of a mobile user.
Thanks for the clip Gazer, it looks very interesting for a mobile phone.

Gazer
23-09-2011, 10:23 AM
you can see it for yourself here Diablo

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. then let us know if you think it will be expensive ;)

well i thought we would of had a few more posts about this ....but not upto now... would of made a good april fool day stunt.

notanotherone
23-09-2011, 07:16 PM
thast cause you done it for an aprill fool one year fat lad :hyst:

Diablo13
23-09-2011, 07:34 PM
But its not April yet,.............or was it? :dunno: :confused:

shawry99
23-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I see Apple are being taken to court to stop sales of IPad/Iphone in the USA :)

Gazer
26-09-2011, 08:25 AM
But its not April yet,.............or was it? :dunno: :confused:

Thats was my point.....if it was april it would of made a good april fool day stunt .....as who ever made that clip, they put alot of time into making it. :axe: