PDA

View Full Version : TNA No Surrender 2011

Pejazzle
15-09-2011, 01:20 AM
http://wzmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/TNA-NO-SURRENDER-2011_02-300x238.jpg

PART 1
(To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. 2 (http://www.novamov.com/video/akmfcy8b8mngx)

Diablo13
15-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Might be interesting to compare the old Victory Road show with this one, to see which is the most entertaining? :-? :lol2:

Diablo13
16-09-2011, 05:15 PM
woohoo Finally I got to watch a great wrestling show, for the first time in ages!
TNA may have lots of problems, mostly concerned with their storylines, (or lack of them) and boring overlong personal promos, but you can't argue with their talent. All the old dodderers were left out of this show, no Rick Flair, or Scott Steiner and even the Hogan and Bischof appearances were the shortest required to move the events on.
I really enjoyed watching this ppv, right from the start it was fast paced with some great in ring action.
Probably because it was a ppv there was no storyline development, so no annoying Jefff and Karen Jarret lovvy crap, no long Hogan/Bischof badly scripted office rambles, just great bouts by professional wrestlers giving great in ring performances.
The action came thick and fast, the commentators sounded excited and gave good play by play accounts of the matches, even naming the moves for the audience. When did you last hear that on the WWE?
Commentating is so often underrated in wrestling, but done properly by enthusiastic commentators it really adds to the atmosphere of the events. Taz and Mike Tenay didn't spend time bickering, or shouting over each other, they did a professional job, with the odd splashes of humour thrown in and just the right level of background information about the wrestlers and how they came to be in their match situation. I even like the popup stats boards, which gave height and weight, as well as their "tale of the tape" recaps. They are both to be congratulated on a great commentating performance!
All the wrestlers taking part put on a great show in their matches, even the very annoying Bully Ray, with his stepping out of the ring antics.
The X division goes from strength to strength, with even the newcomers putting on fast believable in ring performances. The womens matches were exciting as well, with attractive female wrestlers who know their craft.
The crowd, which unfortunately didn't seem anywhere near as big as a WWE event, were vocal and appreciative of the wrestlers efforts to entertain them and added to the exciting atmosphere. Such a shame there weren't more of them in a bigger venue!
I cant say enough how much I enjoyed this ppv.
Proof positive that all TNA's problems originate, not with the talented wrestlers in the ring, but with the scriptwriters and management outside it?

I only hope the WWE's upcoming ppv is at least half as entertaining as this one was!
Five stars all round!

Pejazzle
17-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Great post Diablo couldn't have summed it up better. Only criticism I would have is that TNA too often get the ref involved in matches or make matches be won through someone cheating or something, id like to see a little less of that.

Diablo13
17-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh I agree completely, there are far too many run ins, knocked out, or just plain paid to be blind refs in a weekly TNA show.
That's what made this ppv so special, there was hardly any of that and the matches flowed, before during and after.
They can't put on a ppv quality show every week, but they have shown they can be great wrestling entertainment, if they can concentrate on wrestling matches every week?

Pejazzle
17-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Yh fair point lets just hope they can keep this standard up now!