PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw (September 5, 2011)

Pejazzle
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hlUPRqijlaI/TYiKiAT_0qI/AAAAAAAASo8/vZeHaZfC0xE/s1600/WWE%2BRaw%2B%2803.21.2011%29.jpg

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTMIu0XcOi8

Diablo13
08-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Well I watched this weeks Raw yesterday and sorry to say I thought it was a mess!

They spent far too much time showing clips of the forgone triple H, Punk, Nash phone text controversy!
We had ages of the annoying Alberto Del Rio backstage 'lets all get Cena' talks.
We had a long promo for the DJ Zack Ryder radio show (really annoying, pre pubescent ****e)!
Followed by the antiques roadshow "match" between Lawler and Zack Ryder Vs those 2 geezers that used to be tag champs. ;)
And the ex tag champs lost, so how the f**k did they ever get to be champs in the first place? :rolleyes:

Randy Orton made an appearance to boost ratings,...........in an out of the blue pointless match against Heath Slater!
Nothing against Slater he has talent, but why did he suddenly get a non title match against the World champion?
It felt like a last minute rush in and no one ever believed Slater had a chance against the champion, Orton didn't even break a sweat.

The Hunter vs Punk Dialogue was average at best, with not even a CM Punk quote of the week worth mentioning this week. Kevin Nash getting decked was nice to see, though it was obvious he had to be fired, then the Johnny Ar$e meeting with Nash after his "firing" has to lead to the fully expected re hiring of Nash by the head of talent, maybe as his bodyguard or assistant?
Even the R Truth Vs CM Punk match, which should have been a good match, was ruined for me by the shouting and bickering from the announce table! Far from calling the match, we instead got Cole shouting the odds loudly over Jerry Lawler, with the odd quiet comments from JR about the match!
Come on you lot, do your job and commentate on whats happening in the ring.:mad:

Even the 8 man tag main event felt thrown together, though I must admit I didn't see it properly because I was nodding off by then!

I suspect that a lot of this cock up was due to many wrestlers performing in Paris the night before, then flying back to a 6 hour time difference, with some either not being fit to perform, or having transport problems.
The obvious answer to this is don't put on a show half way round the world on a Sunday night, when you have the flagship show going out "live" on the Monday!

Sorry to say that after a few good weeks of Raw, this one was a dogs dinner that even a stray dog wouldn't digest! :-"

Edit:
I just watched the 8 man tag match again properly and it was quite good.
Just a shame it had to turn into the John Cena show, again!

Thinking about the upcoming Hunter Vs Punk match at Night of Champions, I have to hope that Hunter wins, otherwise we get a step backwards to how it was under Vince?
Now although I like to see triple H wrestle, I quite like the consequences of his new role as COO?
My prediction for night of champions is now that Hunter will lose, due to outside interference from Laryngitis and Kevin Nash, with Laryngitis then taking over the running of WWE in Hunters place?
That could lead to some good rivalry and storyline developments I must admit?

Pejazzle
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Well I watched this weeks Raw yesterday and sorry to say I thought it was a mess!

Agreed!

They spent far too much time showing clips of the forgone triple H, Punk, Nash phone text controversy!
We had ages of the annoying Alberto Del Rio backstage 'lets all get Cena' talks.
We had a long promo for the DJ Zack Ryder radio show (really annoying, pre pubescent ****e)!
Followed by the antiques roadshow "match" between Lawler and Zack Ryder Vs those 2 geezers that used to be tag champs. ;)
And the ex tag champs lost, so how the f**k did they ever get to be champs in the first place? :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on Zach Ryder. What a load of tosh, the guy would have been fired if it wasn't for his internet popularity, I do respect him for getting his name out there but you described it perfectly pre pubescent ****e!

Why they insist in putting Jerry Lawler in so many matches is beyond me. His matches are cringeworthy like watching a has been wrestler.... oh wait he is a has been wrestler.

Randy Orton made an appearance to boost ratings,...........in an out of the blue pointless match against Heath Slater!
Nothing against Slater he has talent, but why did he suddenly get a non title match against the World champion?
It felt like a last minute rush in and no one ever believed Slater had a chance against the champion, Orton didn't even break a sweat.

One of the most over rated and boring wrestlers jut had to make an appearance, I really dislike Randy Orton.

The Hunter vs Punk Dialogue was average at best, with not even a CM Punk quote of the week worth mentioning this week. Kevin Nash getting decked was nice to see, though it was obvious he had to be fired, then the Johnny Ar$e meeting with Nash after his "firing" has to lead to the fully expected re hiring of Nash by the head of talent, maybe as his bodyguard or assistant?
Even the R Truth Vs CM Punk match, which should have been a good match, was ruined for me by the shouting and bickering from the announce table! Far from calling the match, we instead got Cole shouting the odds loudly over Jerry Lawler, with the odd quiet comments from JR about the match!
Come on you lot, do your job and commentate on whats happening in the ring.:mad:

I think R-Truths little Jimmy joke and conspiracy has come as far as it can now?

The commentating is getting worse every week.

Did Kevin Nash really say he made WWE cool again? pmsl that is quote of the week!

I suspect that a lot of this cock up was due to many wrestlers performing in Paris the night before, then flying back to a 6 hour time difference, with some either not being fit to perform, or having transport problems.
The obvious answer to this is don't put on a show half way round the world on a Sunday night, when you have the flagship show going out "live" on the Monday!

They work a way too busy schedule i feel sorry for them, this is the reason many wrestlers go to TNA because its a much less hectic schedule but undoubtly as TNA grows it will get busier aswell.

I think SmackDown should go live on Tuesday so the wrestlers can then have the rest of the week for touring?

I know TNA record during Mondays and Tuesday then do their touring, I think its much better like this. Although I've just realised SmackDown is recorded on a Tuesday so makes my point totally invalid. However it would still be better to have a live SmackDown so no spoilers come out.

Thinking about the upcoming Hunter Vs Punk match at Night of Champions, I have to hope that Hunter wins, otherwise we get a step backwards to how it was under Vince?
Now although I like to see triple H wrestle, I quite like the consequences of his new role as COO?
My prediction for night of champions is now that Hunter will lose, due to outside interference from Laryngitis and Kevin Nash, with Laryngitis then taking over the running of WWE in Hunters place?
That could lead to some good rivalry and storyline developments I must admit?

Sounds like a good storyline, I think Laryngitis is getting fired soon aswell so could lead to something interesting.

Diablo13
09-09-2011, 07:39 AM
The only part I disagree with a bit is about Randy Orton.
Though I do have to admit his thumping the mat "going to another place" has been going on too long and gets a bit boring when it always signals the end of the match through an RKO!
He is very quick at doing it though.

Yes Truths conspiracy theory and little Jimmy does seem to have run its course, though it does give him the chance to ramble to himself, which I still find funny?
They are just developing the Truth/Miz connection and thinking about Punk's 'younger wrestlers not being used enough' speeches, they may have a point about the conspiracy, though in Miz's case that can't be true as he has been the champion.

Jerry Lawler has become the WWE's Rick Flair, over the hill but trying to recapture his youth?
They might even reward him with a championship belt through some fluke, god forbid!

Kevin Nash does make the WWE :cool:........................... like a dead body! lol

When they do the tours, the last live away night should be on a Saturday. Or else they just record that last tour night as a live Raw or Smackdown from wherever it is, as they often do with the UK tours?
I quite liked having the super Smackdown air on a Tuesday as well, it gave space between watching TNA and I think gives more anticipation of a ppv on the following Sunday?
Though that may be more down to network scheduling and sponsorship than anything else.

As for Laryngitis being fired, I wonder if that means altogether, or just as head of talent signing?
If he was fired as head of talent, which seems logical, he could still be employed as coo in place of Hunter, or as the now missing Raw general manager?
That could be interesting in itself with Laryngitis as Raw manager and Hunter still as coo! :explode:

I read an interesting and long article about TNA on "Wrestling 101" the other day, calling it Total Nonstop Apathy, saying why even the haters can't be bothered to knock it anymore! I should try to find the link because Hogan, Bischof and Russo got a real slating for the way things are going, even expecting TNA to collapse like the much missed WCW did! :(

Pejazzle
09-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I found that article after reading your post. What a cracking read.

Theres a few lines that sums it up for me:

The only people who want TNA to fail are TNA themselves. There’s no other explanation for why they do what they do.

Spike TV started considering whether Impact was worth the time and money, a consideration that would have killed TNA on the spot, had a move back to Thursday nights not prevailed in the end.

the number of illegal streamers has gone down as well. TNA can’t even give their shows away

That is amazing they cant even give their show away! I find it harder and harder to find links to the TNA shows aswell to post on here.

But now, that middle ground has been found, like Ted Dibiase’s level of charisma: pure nothingness.

If your show is as dull as Ted Di Biases charisma then you know you're in big trouble pmsl

During the writing of this article, I had to check the ImpactWrestling.com website just to find out who their world champion was because I genuinely didn’t know the answer.

Say what you like about John Cena being champ all the time but at least you know whose champ in WWE lol

For all its faults, of which there were books full, WCW in 2000 was memorable and, above all, salvageable. People knew the problems and wanted WCW to fix them before it was too late. Over the course of the year, those people started drifting away and no longer concerned themselves with what they considered to be a sinking ship. By 2001, the lifeboats were being flung off the side of the Titantic until the S.S. McMahon rescued the most valuable passengers and left the ship to sink into the annuls of history. Ten years later, TNA was memorable and, above all, salvageable. People knew the problems and wanted TNA to fix them before it was too late. Over the course of the year, those people started drifting away and no longer concerned themselves with what they consider to be a sinking ship. And now, in 2011, we already are seeing signs of lifeboats being readied at the side of the ship, just in case. Controversy isn’t creating cash. In fact, it’s burned a truck full of it. When people were angry, they at least cared about the situation. Now that they don’t care, what’s left? The people who watch TNA will clearly watch it whatever they do, no matter how bad it is. Those who don’t watch it, well they’ve all moved on. They’ve gone outside, they’ve made friends, and they’ve forgotten what made them so angry in the first place. TNA is desperate to get those fans back, but is risking alienating the ones they already have. Once they’re gone, what’s left? No audience, no money, maybe eventually no Spike TV? And once Spike is out of the picture, forget it. Like a WCW without TNT, a TNA without Spike isn’t a TNA. It’s just a WWE monopoly all over again.

In 2000, a wrestling world without WCW seemed unfathomable. By 2001, it was time to just let it die. TNA had the chance to rectify history, and now seems doomed to repeat it. When TNA dies – if TNA dies, but most likely when TNA dies – we’re back to square one; McMahon is back on top, the WWE will be the only game in town, and many great workers will be without a place to work. We can still hear the sounds of WCW crashing to the ground. Are we about to hear a second scream as TNA falls in the middle of the forest?
Well, that depends: will anyone be left to hear it?

It's a shame because before Hulk Hogan arrived it had all the potentional and they've got some really good wrestlers who are being wasted.

Diablo13
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
TNA has some great talent, they just don't know what to do with it!
It is all about in fighting between Immortal and 4Tune, during which even the faces have developed unlikeable characters!
There are just all heels, with no one to root for.
When Hogan came he was a big boost to ratings and big things were expected of the brand. When he removed the six sided ring TNA became more mainstream, rather than gimmick wrestling.
The main faults do not lie with either Hogan or Bischof however, they can be attributed directly to Vince Russo who seems incapable of writing interesting storylines for the wrestlers. He was the dealer of death on WCW as well at its demise, now he is being allowed to do it again!
Jeff Hardy as a heel was a major disaster, as it says in the article, which was compounded by his very bad ppv showing against Sting when he lost the title quickly and easily. His personal life is a mess with him being in trouble with the law on drugs charges.
His career could be at an end, but that reflects badly on his employers.
They seem to keep losing good young wrestlers and replacing them with old farts like Flair and Scott Steiner and Kurt Angle, though popular is not getting any younger either so him and Sting can't carry it on their own.
Crimson is a great find, Beer Money are both good tag and singles wrestlers, who I'm sure WWE would love to sign up.

If they don't do something soon about their ratings though advertisers will not go to them, then if Spike tv pulls the plug, as the article says they are dead in the water, which is bad for all wrestling because the WWE without competition will be the only game in town and will let their standards slip even further!