PDA

View Full Version : ghost in the machine

dave_c
01-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Tuesday 01 August
Day 76, 15:00
The House has been thrown into confusion after Automated Big Brother appeared to malfunction and break down halfway through this week's nominations announcement.

The only name called out was Imogen's, followed by "and"... before the broadcast was abruptly curtailed with the squiggly sound of a machine giving up the ghost. Then a deathly bleep.

Imogen looked grim, while the others struggled to work out what had occurred. What they don't know (but are quickly beginning to suspect) is that the 'malfunction' was entirely intentional. In other words, Big Bro is just messing with their heads again.

"There is a hidden one amongst us, the machine is malfunctioning," suggested Susie.

"It might be Aisleyne and Imogen, I reckon it's me," said the eternally pessimistic Aisleyne.

"They'll tell us on Friday, we will be in the dark until then," predicted Richard. "It's psychological."

"I don't see the point in that," said Mikey.

"Imogen might not be up, we might all be up except her," said Aisleyne, as the guessing games got more frantic.

"I don't like it," whimpered Glyn.

Suddenly the implications dawned on the seemingly nominated Imogen and she blurted: "Oh god, that's me going."

Aisleyne raised her head to the skies and cried: "Automated BB you are a maniac, what is wrong with you?"

But the robot said nothing, and an eerie, metallic silence gripped them.