PDA

View Full Version : Winxp sp2

shooey_b
01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm having problems with my broadband since I upgraded to SP2, can i downgrade back to SP1. If so, how?...Thanx

DessertDog
01-08-2006, 04:55 PM
You could try restoring to a previos date when you didnt have sp2 on m8

Hoagy
01-08-2006, 06:26 PM
sp2 was intergrated with my winxp disc.

but if i remember correctly if you have upgraded from sp1 to sp2 you can goto control panel / add or remove programs and uninstall sp2. im sure i had this option after upgrading a friends pc last month. if it's not in the list check the "show updates" at the top of add/remove.

btw what problems are you having?
maybe a bit of configuration could solve it.

kett
01-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm having problems with my broadband since I upgraded to SP2, can i downgrade back to SP1. If so, how?...Thanx

As Hoagy has said providing SP2 wasn't slipstreamed to to the install disc you can uninstall in control panel add/remove programs but i would stick with SP2 and iron out the probs you have.

:wink:

Declan
13-08-2006, 12:12 PM
if you go into add/remove and tick the "show updates" then scroll down and look for sp2 and it should be there i had sp2 installed already so i dont know what it could do

ssmacc
16-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I remember reading a while ago that installing SP2 could be problematic, as mentioned slipstreaming into a Windows Disc is by far the best solution (then a fresh install) – there are plenty of guides on how to do this if your unsure (and utilities that automate the process)

eetnas
16-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I would not go back down to beforw winsp2 as it is a piece of cake to get into your PC and look around. There is no security if you do it. You can get in using IE just put in the ip address followed by a few codes and you see the hard drive. This means you can copy and delete at will. its a bad move.

shenu
17-08-2006, 07:25 AM
yes you can downgrade by removing sp2 from add/remove program from control panel but sp2 is better as it more secured from viruses and spyware
can you tell us what is your problem with broadband

callisto11
17-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Removing SP2 is a very bad move. Its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
SP2 is mainly a security update, and virtually all updates that you recieve from WindowsUpdate or Automatic Updates rely on SP2 being present.
In fact, you may not even show any updates as being available if you've not got SP2 installed

I would try to get the broadband issue resolved rather than remove all the security.

Shipoftheline
17-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Removing SP2 is a very bad move. Its like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
SP2 is mainly a security update, and virtually all updates that you recieve from WindowsUpdate or Automatic Updates rely on SP2 being present.
In fact, you may not even show any updates as being available if you've not got SP2 installed

I would try to get the broadband issue resolved rather than remove all the security.
Couldn't agree more and your also leaving yourself open to virus's/hackers plus microsoft are dropping support for SP1 soon

nightdevil
24-08-2006, 05:52 PM
sp2 caused some problems for people who used download programs but this could be fixed by tweaking the tcp/ip settings...however you dont say exactly what the broadband problems are

ianmax
01-09-2006, 08:35 PM
becafe full not to install the spe updates twice use the window updates.