PDA

View Full Version : Any good?

shawry99
29-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Does anyone own one of these?

And how do they rate? They seem a bit on the cheap side?

Are they capable of the all the benefits that we all really want? ;)

fergalsworld
29-08-2011, 03:38 PM
I have not seen one but they can do what other boxes can do:wink:
the epg might be a bit crap on them but they seem to improve on that when they issue updates for the box
if its just for watching tv you cant argue with the price.

shawry99
29-08-2011, 05:17 PM
That means I could get 2 for less than the price of a blade, essentially giving myself a dual tuner? though I realise that would need 2 clines.

Hmmm seems a little on the cheap side really.... time for more research!

Spinifex
29-08-2011, 06:14 PM
ive got the s10 and its got good features but crap tuners in them. im not sure if its because im using a quad lnb or what cos mydads dm500 downstairs affects this box and knocks out the vertical polarisations on the s10 which means black screens.

the only way to fix it is with a homemade device using a diode.
i know of a couple other people that had same prob as me as i found it on another forum.

my opinion is stay well away from these boxes, they are cheap for a reason.
such a shame really as the features are good.

also another bad point is the way in which the channel lists are displayed, i personally found dm boxes better as a scrolling top to bottom list single file.

also now im getting locked up alot and the channel just says no signal which is a major pain in the arse to tell you the truth.

when i cut off the plug from 2 pin usa to fit a 3 pin uk plug i found that the copper braid was atrocious, it wont twist and stays like a floppy paint brush bristles so i had to tin the bloody thing.

my opinion is stay well away from these boxes indefinetly and spend your money on something better.

AVOID.

P.s just to note and yeah this is not a clone its a legit box chip id 1015

shawry99
29-08-2011, 06:25 PM
ive got the s10 and its got good features but crap tuners in them. im not sure if its because im using a quad lnb or what cos mydads dm500 downstairs affects this box and knocks out the vertical polarisations on the s10 which means black screens.

the only way to fix it is with a homemade device using a diode.
i know of a couple other people that had same prob as me as i found it on another forum.

my opinion is stay well away from these boxes, they are cheap for a reason.
such a shame really as the features are good.

also another bad point is the way in which the channel lists are displayed, i personally found dm boxes better as a scrolling top to bottom list single file.

also now im getting locked up alot and the channel just says no signal which is a major pain in the arse to tell you the truth.

when i cut off the plug from 2 pin usa to fit a 3 pin uk plug i found that the copper braid was atrocious, it wont twist and stays like a floppy paint brush bristles so i had to tin the bloody thing.

my opinion is stay well away from these boxes indefinetly and spend your money on something better.

AVOID.

P.s just to note and yeah this is not a clone its a legit box chip id 1015

So let me get this straight...you're saying avoid these? ;)

Cheers matey for the info :)

Spinifex
29-08-2011, 06:37 PM
if you have anything inbetween those ears youd know the answer is yes lol

badass
08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
hi mate ive got myself an openbox s10 and i think its alrt for ?60 notes it does wot i want it to do wink wink
an its a cheap hd option plenty of support for them to.. there thats just my opinion