PDA

View Full Version : Comex, Father of JailbreakMe, Has Been Hired by Apple

Ureyesonly
26-08-2011, 10:09 AM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. was only a matter of time. 19-year-old Nicholas Allegra, better known as infamous iOS hacker Comex, has announced that he has accepted a job with Apple in Cupertino.Comex has been responsible for many famous jailbreaks, most notably his web based tool called JailbreakMe. He is a well respected member of the jailbreak community, and we wish him the best with his future endeavors at Apple.Comex announced the news on his Twitter account moments ago, and he seems to be receiving mostly positive responses from his followers. Other famous jailbreak developers, like MuscleNerd, have congratulated him on his new job.Apple has been known to hire talent from the jailbreak community, with the Cupertino company most recently hiring developer Peter Hajas for his work on a system of notifications for iOS called MobileNotifier. Peter is assumedly now working on improving iOS notifications in Cupertino.It?s a bittersweet thing for the jailbreak community to lose Comex. In one way, we?re happy that he?s been given such a wonderful opportunity to showcase his talents and further his career. On the other, we?re sad to see such an invaluable jailbreak hacker go.We don?t know what Comex will be specifically working on at Apple, but we can only assume that he will be assigned to fixing security holes in iOS. It?s funny to think that he will help patch the vulnerabilities he exploited. Everything comes around, I guess.

Gazer
27-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Good luck to him, he could not get a better chance than going working for apple, i know i would in his shoe's .....the world still goes round ....and we always see new young talent coming in, that will take over from were he left off ;)