PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3gs stuck

Back-2-80's
22-08-2011, 02:23 PM
hi all yesterday i came home from my shopping trip and noticed my iphone 3gs was out of charge, i plugged my phone into laptop to charge it and itunes said it was in recovery mode. i tried to do a restore however it wouldnt all me to do it.

at the moment the phone is jailbroken and using baseband 06.15.00
with firmware 4.2.1

the phone will either be a complete black screen (as if it's turned off, but itunes says it's in recovery)
or a white screen after running redsn0w
and nothing i do will restore my phone and get back to the way it was.
i have had all sorts of error codes from itunes. the most common being 1601.

i have filled out the warrenty form from apple site but because i have been fiddling with the baseband i don't think they will fix it.
is there anyone on here that knows how to sort this out.
i have that many differant files and firmwares on the laptop now i don't know which is which.

thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me :(

Ureyesonly
22-08-2011, 08:33 PM
When Apple find out you used the iPad baseband they won't fix or replace the phone so only option is to restore back to 4.1 (because 4.2.1 will not allow you to kick the phone out of recovery which occurs due to the Baseband. If you want to go again to 4.2.1 your only way is to use a custom 4.2.1 done by pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze

Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate hosts file.Open and edit the hosts file in Notepad.NOTE: Win 7 and Vista users MUST run Notepad with admin privileges. Right click on Notepad app and select Run as Administrator.

Add the following line at the end of the hosts file and then save and close the file:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Back-2-80's
23-08-2011, 06:38 AM
ok mate ive changed the host file and saved it. is it new as straight forward as to go to itunes, shift restore, 4.1 restore

Back-2-80's
23-08-2011, 07:23 AM
ok i have done what you said but now have a white screen and error code 21. i am wondering is it possible i could have somehow deleated the entire operating systm frrom the phone(:|

Ureyesonly
23-08-2011, 10:14 AM
It's not possible to delete the operating system, you can only go back to 4.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved with Cydia? if not then use a custom 4.2.1 done by pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze.

Edit. when you restore and looks like your stuck in recovery use tinyumbrella to kick out

Back-2-80's
23-08-2011, 10:19 AM
It's not possible to delete the operating system, you can only go back to 4.1 if you have SHSH blobs saved with Cydia? if not then use a custom 4.2.1 done by pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze.

mate you prob think im a pain in the arse already, i have a custom made with sn0wbreeze on laptop and when i run it through itunes i get error 3194.

Back-2-80's
23-08-2011, 11:06 AM
ok now i have another hurdle to overcome. i tried to restore to 4.1 and when doing so iphone opened up the white screen and an error code on itunes. i left it in that state and opened tinyumbreela and had this message

Ureyesonly
23-08-2011, 11:41 AM
OK forget the last few posts try something else that I tested & posted a while bacK.

Things you need

redsn0w 0.9.6b6 (version I used)
Apple iPhone 4.2.1 firmware http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...a_Restore.ipsw (http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9895.20101122.Cdew2/iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw)
and a custom restore image To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Use redsn0w and click Browse ( find the firmware image you downloaded from Apple) Select Yes ( at least I had to)

In redsn0w select Next

In that screen check the box that says "Just enter pwned phone in DFU mode"

Phone will now have a black screen, do not worry it's in DFU mode if you followed the steps correctly.

Open iTunes, hold the shift key (Windows) and select the custom recovery image we downloaded through Megaupload

Your phone should now be restored to 4.2.1 and should boot up to something besides the iTunes logo.

Use redsn0w again select Apples firmware, this time ONLY select the option to install Cydia.

Follow the steps, it will take a while for it to completely boot up.

If you get a white icon for Cydia like I did, use redsn0w, browse for the ipsw from Apple, this time select "Just boot tethered right now"

Back-2-80's
23-08-2011, 12:04 PM
after doing that i have error 3194 sorry for been a complete pain

Ureyesonly
23-08-2011, 12:30 PM
By default, TU will set your hosts file to point to Cydia when it exits. You can tell it to point you back to Apple servers easily. If you don't already have TU, you can download it from - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella (http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/)

Start TinyUmbrella, switch to the "Advanced" tab, and UNTICK the option which says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit".
Once you have unticked the option, make sure you then press "Apply Changes". Now exit TU and try the restore process again.
Also take Cydia from C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ host file

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/f4780y/ite_02.png

Back-2-80's
24-08-2011, 12:25 PM
first off all thanks to ureyesonly for the help you gave me, however i still coudnt get the damn thing to work so i posted it to apple on the off chance they may not find the baseband and repair it for me.

WELL GUESS WHAT!!!!!!

apple recieved the phone this morning and after alot of f5 tapping on the status update page the lovely people at apple didn't find the basebad nor could they repair the phone so a shiney new one is on the way to meroflroflrofl.

once again thanks to ureyesonly for all the help and advice and i hope that one day this thread with all the suggestions he has gave will come in handy for someone down the line.

Ureyesonly
24-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear you never got it fixed from my help but just goes to show anyone else thinking about usein the iPad baseband DONT DO IT, On the upside way to go Apple you couldn't meet some of the nicest chaps when it comes to any problems with there products.