PDA

View Full Version : Cinavia DRM Aimed to Stop Piracy On Blu-ray & PS3's

digdug
20-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Cinavia is a new DRM technology that uses "audio watermarking" embedded into the audio stream portion of a movie. What it does is compare the source of the audio to the format in which a movie was released (ie theatrical or commercial disc), and if the watermarked audio source detects a difference, the movie will either be mute (but most likely not play at all).

How Cinavia is applied - an example: If someone were to "CAM" a movie and use a ‘line’ audio source (from a headphone jack, as opposed to recording the ‘crowd’), the watermark in the ‘line’ audio will search for its match - in this case, being a theatrical source. Since a TS or CAM’s ‘line’ audio doesn’t match the original release format, Cinavia will block or restrict playback of the file. (Technical info can be found HERE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and HERE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. protected by Cinavia technology carry inaudible codes embedded by the copyright owner in their audio tracks that indicate where and how they are allowed to be used. For example, movies that are being released to theaters can carry a Cinavia code that indicates that they are supposed to be duplicated by professional replicators and played back on professional projection equipment only."

DessertDog
20-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Im sure someone will get around it in time lol

tinkertiler
20-08-2011, 04:21 PM
if ps3 is jailbroken you can disable it. this protection has been out a long time and i dont think they have got round it yet

Diablo13
20-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Even Robin Hood didn't get this much hassle taking from the rich to give to the poor! :(

Captain Morgan was a pirate................and they made him governor of Jamaica,.........so there is hope for us yet! pmsl

quibb
16-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Hi,

Anyone found a way round this issue?

I have tried changing the audio options but it still doesnt work and its doing my head in!

Cheers
Q

billy149uk
24-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Just bought a new Blu-Ray player with Cinavia in it.Done some research on net and various people claim to have a solution.The one that caught my eye was to disable hdmi playback for sound and use an optical cable.Now I don't know if this works but I'm certainly going to give it a go

Magnu420
25-01-2013, 12:14 AM
keep us informed billy

billy149uk
25-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Will do,a don't finish work till Saturday morning but I will post back after I've tried it.

billy149uk
30-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Wired up my new blu-ray player but to my dismay there is no optical connection on the back of player,so I can prove or disprove the optical claim