View Full Version : Today's Posts

digdug
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
What's the difference between

Todays Posts
&
Today's Posts

In the quick links dropdown?

I'm guessing here but does the first fetch everything and the second fetch just posts? (Results look the same using both links)

If it's as above then doesn't the first link need to be renamed to something else?

Spinifex
09-08-2011, 06:21 PM
m8 thats how vbulletin works.

theres whats new since u last logged in and then if youve read all (unlikely) theres a link that will give u past 24 hours.

if you mean 2 x whats new thats when u 1st login since we like one for the portal and one for the forum, dont question it lol i requested it, but yer it can be changed to only show if x but can be difficult to sort.

digdug
09-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Not sure if we on about the same thing m8

'Today's posts' not 'What's new'

I can see a 'New posts' link and I assume this brings up unread posts since last login maybe

There are 2 Todays posts links and both of them bring up the same which is all of todays posts (as far as i can tell)

One links to ?do=getdaily and the other to ?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Probably is a VB thing which i'm new to but I'm struggling to understand the difference? :-"

Reddevil
09-08-2011, 07:27 PM
both the same for some reason its duplicated itself, possibly a result of the last update to the site, soon fix it.

Spinifex
09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
yer dig they both work on yur own browsing situation. get daily means get todays crap, other is new posts since u last logged in.

its a vb thing thats how it works, i shudnt worry cos both are good for me as i use both in diff ways, both work to my advantage until i click mark forums read.

youll find this is the same on all forums since nobody has changed it.

Reddevil
09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Ok sorted, looks like VB in their wisdom have now added this as std, prior to the update it was manually added.