PDA

View Full Version : HDMI with Telewest LiveTV

hibeebri
31-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Looking for some help. I have A new TV which is HD ready and has 2x Scart and 2x HDMI ports.

I have Telwest box which is connected to DVD recorder via Scart (then to Old TV) I have Tewlwest Box connected via Scart (to Old TV). Both working fine. Swapped over TV's today and had everything working fine via Scart and coax. I then went through all instructions about HDMI cable and connection and nothing. I tried with the Scart lead connected and without. (the instructions don't say which way). I get no picture when HDMI channel only and when using both Telewest box says can't find any HDTV or can't find HDTV signal.

Anybody help????

Thanks in advance

pintux
31-07-2006, 09:43 PM
To get HD channels, you need an HD decoder (set top box) as well as a HD TV. I assume your STB does not support HD.

hibeebri
31-07-2006, 09:45 PM
It does. I followed the instructions on how to access HDTV via the set top box and that's how I know it aint working (it's supposed to give you a test picture first which it doesn't). Plus Telewest provided the cables.

daddybond
30-09-2006, 03:17 PM
INTERESTING pINTEX, I did not realise this either. This has now sorted some of my queries,

cheers
db

philbillbell
02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
My 2p worth, i have it and its great, just wish there was more content.. cann't think who is stopping it thow!

hibeebri
11-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Guys it's sorted, just wasn't brave enough to accept the settings when the box only showed a blank screen - despite what the instructions said. Telewest engineer did exactly what I did and the clicked OK where I bottled out and hey presto.