PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: Go to Bottom of page quickly

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I suggest this mod to be added, as you can see on the forum at the bottom theres a lil link called 'top' click it and youll end up at the top of the forum, heres a suggestion to add a bottom link at the top of the page!?

_To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Would be good as itll save time scrolling from top to bottom?

Spin.

p.s yes im aware you can use end button but this is mouse only mode lol

click like this post if you like this idea.

berley
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Excellent suggestion and if it can be implemented its deffo a button that I'd use.

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Excellent suggestion and if it can be implemented its deffo a button that I'd use.

same here, its irratating sometimes scrolling when you could just click a link to do it all for you.

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately doesnt work on vb4

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Typical, i tried #bottom aswell and that is non existant anyway.

did you do the footer edit one red and it dont work? :(

bottom i mean bummer....

i know it can be done its just finding the particular html code that works correctly on php without conflict of code. some call it page jump?

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
yup. oil your mouse wheels everyone pmsl

will see what i can sort

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
yup. oil your mouse wheels everyone pmsl

will see what i can sort

pmsl lol

back to home and end button on keyboards then unfortunetly (FOR NOW!)

cheers for trying red :)

Ureyesonly
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM
sure we code make the code suit vb4

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
ok sorted :D testing on WoD-Black style for now

Only problem is takes you forum home bottom from anywhere on site, will look into fixing this

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 03:18 PM
@ ure certainly can, reds done it now, i noticed bum link was back and it works, ok it takes a while to load but it works none the less.

cheers red i knew you could do it lol

SOLVED

THREAD CLOSED :D

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the loading time is the tabbed forums, i will experiment a while you may see extra links appear now and again

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Even tho what i requested works unfortunetly when your inside a thread, bottom takes you back to index page and not to the bottom of what page your on but itsa good start and thats fine for me anyway, as sometimes i need or want to goto bottom quickly to see whos online or find sum1 so i can pm them and so forth.

maybe we will have the best bottom in the world soon that does everything lol

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok sorted now, see how you go should let you play bottom to top like ping pong pmsl

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
i bottomed out to your last post and yer scroll a teeny lil bit back up and ya sorted, some threads you need to jump cos you already know the rest and all u want is the last of it.

i must admit tho having to scroll down a thread really got on me tits!

cheers red m8, im sure people will find it useful.

Spinifex.

berley
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Great suggestion in the first place spini and nice work red, cheers :zoom:

Diablo13
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
What a great example of teamwork!
An excellent idea by Spini for a very useful tool, followed by a very quick response and implementation by Red. :hail:
The WOD community at its finest!:appl:
Thank You both!

Spinifex
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Anything to make our rushful lives easier. i remember the days when i could work quicker than a pc and sometimes still can. maybe i need dual core instead of being ripped off on ebay all those years ago and ended up with a 3800+ single core.

@ Diablo it just goes to show when people put their mind to things their is always a good outcome on wods.

Like i said on shoutbox its simple but effective, ive often found myself using the TOP one so i thought hang on a mo, why wont bottom url work, so i googled it and seen some bits n bobs, then red took a look and realised he could mod the tops code to suit ourselves. way to go.

as red says we can now ping pong up and down all day long lol

Spin.

Reddevil
02-08-2011, 04:59 PM
What a great example of teamwork!
An excellent idea by Spini for a very useful tool, followed by a very quick response and implementation by Red. :hail:
The WOD community at its finest!:appl:
Thank You both!

We aim to please :D