PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw (August 1st, 2011)

Pejazzle
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hlUPRqijlaI/TYiKiAT_0qI/AAAAAAAASo8/vZeHaZfC0xE/s1600/WWE%2BRaw%2B(03.21.2011).jpg

http://youtu.be/qHu3u_rLzKw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHu3u_rLzKw)

Diablo13
02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
The WWE really have to reduce the amount of adverts in their live shows!
I watched a recorded Raw last night, so I could skip the adverts and I counted 4 matches,.........but lost count of the breaks in a 2 hour show!
Completely ruins any flow to the matches and reduces interest!

There was a lot of talk again, but it was entertaining. Hunter and Cm Punk have a pretty good double act going on.
R Truth just gets better and better both as a wrestler and as a nutcase.
Nice to see Beth Phoenix in action again, she is a good looking woman with great strength, a slightly unusual mix because she doesn't look masculine as many strong women do. The thing is Beth is a proper female wrestler and not just eye candy as many of the Diva's are?

John Morrison was obviously scripted to lose, but he continues to impress with his ability and agility!
Alex Riley continues to improve and is getting pretty good on the mike.
I would like to see Zack Ryder in a proper match, to see if he can walk and talk at the same time?
I am puzzled by the announcement that Dolph Ziggler was a World Champion?
It's funny but I don't remember that! :confused:
Very mixed feelings from the audience about Punk, now that he has officially returned I expected the fans to be lapping him up.
Hunter's awaited for announcement at the end of the show about the two title holders was completely expected!
After all what else could they do but have a rematch at Summerslam between Cena and Punk?
Even if they had wrongly stripped Cena of his belt, he would still have been entitled to a rematch.
I had to laugh at Laryngitis appearance and Cena offering to "bury his fist in his face", with Hunter replying to Laryngitis "what are you looking at me for,.....I don't have a problem with that"! rofl
That's just a classic reply!
I liked Cena's impression of Laryngitis as well, I thought it was pretty spot on.
Mention of talent "lost" by Laryngitis was also interesting, and true, with the mention of Chris Jericho, Batista and Brock Lesnar leaving me with a hope that some or all of them could return in the future?

Was it just me or did you think the commentators spent more time bickering than calling the matches?
Ok sometimes its funny, but it seemed continuous through the whole show last night, with the matches almost going on in the background!

My prediction for Summerslam is that Punk will retain the title after a hard match, only to be robbed by Del Rio cashing in his Money in the bank contract?
What do you think?

Pejazzle
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
The WWE really have to reduce the amount of adverts in their live shows!
I watched a recorded Raw last night, so I could skip the adverts and I counted 4 matches,.........but lost count of the breaks in a 2 hour show!
Completely ruins any flow to the matches and reduces interest!

I don't watch it live so I don't really know the feeling but I imagine it would be pretty annoying.

There was a lot of talk again, but it was entertaining. Hunter and Cm Punk have a pretty good double act going on.

I'm going to call it now WrestleMania 28 CM Punk Vs HHH

R Truth just gets better and better both as a wrestler and as a nutcase.

Yep agreed. C O N spiracy << That was hilarious!

Nice to see Beth Phoenix in action again, she is a good looking woman with great strength, a slightly unusual mix because she doesn't look masculine as many strong women do. The thing is Beth is a proper female wrestler and not just eye candy as many of the Diva's are?

Yeah a true wrestler, but I'm not moaning about the eye candy :D I think I'm falling in love with Kelly Kelly :x

John Morrison was obviously scripted to lose, but he continues to impress with his ability and agility!

Great wrestler but very poor mic skills, I hate listening to him.

Alex Riley continues to improve and is getting pretty good on the mike.

Yes certainly an exciting prospect.

I would like to see Zack Ryder in a proper match, to see if he can walk and talk at the same time?
I am puzzled by the announcement that Dolph Ziggler was a World Champion?
It's funny but I don't remember that! :confused:

I'd also like to see Zach Ryder in a proper match.

I don't think anyone remembers Dolph being a champ :-? :dunno:

Very mixed feelings from the audience about Punk, now that he has officially returned I expected the fans to be lapping him up.
Hunter's awaited for announcement at the end of the show about the two title holders was completely expected!
After all what else could they do but have a rematch at Summerslam between Cena and Punk?
Even if they had wrongly stripped Cena of his belt, he would still have been entitled to a rematch.

I'm loving CM Punk more & more every week he speaks so much truth and is so right in calling himself the voice of the voiceless as I feel WWE doesn't listen to the fans?
The things he is allowed to say amazes me, like really having a pop at HHH's wife as well as mentioning former wrestlers which I thought was a taboo?

The SummerSlam match is the only choice HHH could make.

I had to laugh at Laryngitis appearance and Cena offering to "bury his fist in his face", with Hunter replying to Laryngitis "what are you looking at me for,.....I don't have a problem with that"! rofl
That's just a classic reply!
I liked Cena's impression of Laryngitis as well, I thought it was pretty spot on.
Mention of talent "lost" by Laryngitis was also interesting, and true, with the mention of Chris Jericho, Batista and Brock Lesnar leaving me with a hope that some or all of them could return in the future?

Why did this fool make an appearance? I think hes a complete :censored:

Was it just me or did you think the commentators spent more time bickering than calling the matches?
Ok sometimes its funny, but it seemed continuous through the whole show last night, with the matches almost going on in the background!

The commentating the past few weeks has been really poor, this just makes me even more glad that JR is back. The divas match commentating was awful!

My prediction for Summerslam is that Punk will retain the title after a hard match, only to be robbed by Del Rio cashing in his Money in the bank contract?
What do you think?

I hope CM Punk retains it.
That's a good shout about Del Rio cashing in and winning it, since ive read WWE have Del Rio lined up to be WWE champ in time for their tour of mexico so it is homecoming of sorts.

Diablo13
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Why did this fool make an appearance? I think hes a complete :censored:

On that point, he is apparently one of the most disliked men in the WWE because of his complete mishandling of the talent since he took over from JR. Either they are trying to make him more answerable to the fans, or they just wan't him to take his lumps, as Vince did?
I don't really know anything about Laryngitis, but judging by his size, he may have a background as a wrestler, so they could be teaching him more about how things work at ground level with the wrestlers he signs up?
Which should make him better at his job.

I would like to see Punk retain the title as well, but I have a bad feeling he will get screwed!

I have to agree about Morrison's mike skills.
The Wrestlemania Punk v Tripple H won't happen.
HHH is lined up to face the Undertaker as a rematch from this year, which I think might be Takers last match, retiring with the undefeated streak intact?

I like eye candy as well,...........but keep your eyes off my bird! pmsl

P.S.
Did you know that Michelle McCool, also quite a looker, is married to The Undertaker?
The lucky sod, she's his third wife and he must be nearly old enough to be her dad!
Not such a deadman after all then!

Pejazzle
02-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Good points on Laryngitis think hes there to be a character now. And yes I knew about Undertaker & McCool :puke:

Think weve got a fight on our hands for Kelly Kelly :fence: