PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw (July 25, 2011)

Pejazzle
26-07-2011, 03:03 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hlUPRqijlaI/TYiKiAT_0qI/AAAAAAAASo8/vZeHaZfC0xE/s1600/WWE%2BRaw%2B(03.21.2011).jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOXEKjVlops

Pejazzle
26-07-2011, 03:50 PM
YES CM PUNK!!!!! YES YES YES!!!

Was I the only one who thought he was going to come out earlier when HHH teased us?
How funny was the HHH and R-Truth segment PMSL

They just had to make Cena champ again didn't they? FS!

Diablo13
26-07-2011, 11:24 PM

I hate to say I told you so! :wink:
No I don't I'm lying lol!
Going to watch this tonight and I must say I am actually looking forward to RAW these days! :grin:

Pejazzle
26-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Really think WWE could have done more with this storyline though!

ruud692
27-07-2011, 12:48 AM

I hate to say I told you so! :wink:
No I don't I'm lying lol!
Going to watch this tonight and I must say I am actually looking forward to RAW these days! :grin:

Same here. Makes a change to be honest and long may it continue!

Diablo13
27-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I see we are back to normal, with the adverts being almost as long as the program!

Strange to be agreeing with Michael Cole, The Undertaker is almost retired, so the "new" WWE bring back old Jim Ross as a returning deadman? :rolleyes:
Truth to say I was getting bored watching the first part of the show, even the Mysterio v Miz title match felt like an old repeat of Coronation street, where I had seen it all before!
It got a bit more interesting with the arrival of Hunter and what can you say about R Truth.
He's as mad as a chicken in a bowler hat!
Very entertaining though. lol
Hunter played him at his own game brilliantly, talking to the unseen little Jimmy's and I almost expected him to announce a tag match between Truth with his "friends" v another tag team! :wink:
Good to see John Morrison back on the active roster.
I have no idea who the tattoo artist dipstick with the Bella's was?
The Cole/Hunter dialogue was quite funny and as I am getting fed up of Cole's Miz adoration I would like to see him moved to Smackdown permanently, as he gets too much airtime lately.
At least there were no anonymous general manager interrupts!
A shame Zack Rider didn't beat Cole up enough. It was interesting to see Rider appear for the first time in "competition" on RAW because that was a question asked by CM Punk when he interrupted the Comic con event;
"When will Zack Rider get his chance on RAW?", which hinted in hindsight, at Punks return and also the power he may have been given!

Christian moans about only having 2 days before he had to defend his title, but Mysterio only had about an hour before having to defend it against Cena! I have no idea why they did that, ...........except as it turns out there will no doubt be a Punk v Cena title rematch at Summerslam!
To give him his due, the Mysterio/Cena match was the best on the card last night by far, though I don't agree with Cena getting the title back so quickly either.
Punks return at the end, still carrying the original title was a somewhat expected return and highlight. Even though nothing was said between them, it left the rematch cliffhanger for next week.
The Punk storyline is not over yet Pejazzle because we don't know what he was promised to return to the WWE, or even if they have renewed his contract?
There is still lots of promise for the future, though I thought last nights "transition" show was a bit weak?

In my opinion Jim Ross has had his day and I think he returned only to do him a favour after his restaurant failed, as Cole said!
I would like to see a third announcer on RAW, to spice up the commentary a bit, maybe Todd Grisham should get another shot, or the always fun William Regal could be brought from NXT, where his style is wasted?
Without Cole in the RAW picture, they could do away with the "I have received an email" crap from the anonymous general manager and bring in a proper manager because that joke has worn very thin after all this time!

Hunter on Smackdown might be interesting on Friday, as he just has to deal face to face with the enraged Mark Henry?

Pejazzle
27-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Agree on all points Diablo except JR. I love JR's iconic commentary and many people from the attitude era who long for it to come back would also appreciate hes commentary again, maybe this is another sign things are getting back to old? (Which is better than the new of the past few years?)

ruud692
30-07-2011, 01:27 AM
Agree on all points Diablo except JR. I love JR's iconic commentary and many people from the attitude era who long for it to come back would also appreciate hes commentary again, maybe this is another sign things are getting back to old? (Which is better than the new of the past few years?)

Agree! :thumbup2:

Diablo13
30-07-2011, 02:37 AM
I never had a problem with JR before and he was quite entertaining.
Now though he is getting old and he sometimes seems as though he can't keep up with whats going on in the ring so well?
He suffers from some kind of facial palsy as well, which seems to be getting worse, which makes him slur his words sometimes and hard to understand. This was the reason he left commentating in the first place a couple of years ago!
Not his fault, but I just think it might have been better, both for him and us if he had remained retired as a Hall of Famer, just doing the odd guest commentary at the bigger ppv's like Summerslam,Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble etc?