PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw (July 11, 2011)

Pejazzle
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hlUPRqijlaI/TYiKiAT_0qI/AAAAAAAASo8/vZeHaZfC0xE/s1600/WWE%2BRaw%2B%2803.21.2011%29.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zJ__yIkBo

Diablo13
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
The WWE is rumoured to be taking over from the retiring Oprah Winfrey as a top talk show! :rolleyes:

I like the now obviously scripted, CM Punk tirades storyline and I think it does add excitement or at least interest to the upcoming "Money In The Bank" PPV?
To give Punk his due, he can use a mike better than most of the others to be entertaining?
Talk wise at least, with the mild swearing and attitude Raw seems to be picking up a bit?

Mark Henry is more interesting now than at any time in his career?
I fear the Big Show v Henry match will be a disappointing lumbering lummox match though?

Ladder matches are usually pretty good, so this PPV has potential, though I expect Christian to get an undeserved win over Randy Orton, through some refereeing mistake?

Strange thing about the WWE is even when it's bad, it can pull something entertaining out of the bag!
I had to laugh at the comment about the Rock returning regularly, only to disappear again, which is what I and many others must be thinking?
Along with Vince's embarrassed "don't even go there" reply! :grin:
John Cena seems to be developing a more adult personality as well and his handicap match with the tag team champions was actually quite good for a match of this type?

mercuryR
12-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Not a bad episode this week.

Thanks for the up as always pajazzle

mercuryR
12-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Was it just me aswell but were the commentators completely useless this week? It was like the rehearsals never happened haha

Pejazzle
12-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Really hope somehow CM Punk wins it will be very interesting to see what happens if he does, maybe a WWE v ROH war/invasion?

Also I am really dissapointed by the rock as he tricked many fans into believing he would stay around this time. I guess it just proves CM Punks theory of him being a great ass kisser.

Diablo13
12-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Really hope somehow CM Punk wins it will be very interesting to see what happens if he does, maybe a WWE v ROH war/invasion?

Seconded!
Can't see the WWE v ROH happening though, there is nothing in it for the WWE, from either a money or publicity standpoint?
Besides ROH wants to promote wrestling as a sport and distance itself completely from the WWE, TNA sports entertainment franchises. According to what Jim Cornet said in their press conference!

If Cena wins this whole build up will be a let down as nothing will really change.
If Punk wins, that is a different story altogether, with a will he stay or go possibility, if they want him to stay and what they will offer him to stay.
What would happen to John Cena's career, fired and re hired or not is yet another angle they can exploit because there is no doubting his popularity with a lot of fans. He has become the modern day version of the Hulk Hogan of old, popular with the kids and their parents for his clean living, go to church role model status?

There is no doubt that the Cena v Punk match is the highlight of the Money in the Bank PPV event, dwarfing anything that could be anticipated of the Randy Orton v Christian farce, or the Big Show v Mark Henry fill in match?
The ladder events are always innovative and exciting though, with any of the contestants able to pull off a shock and get the briefcase and a crack at a championship title match, so those are very hard to call.
I will stick my neck out and go for an RTruth win in his money in the bank ladder match though?

Was it just me aswell but were the commentators completely useless this week? It was like the rehearsals never happened haha

I think the commentators were kept in the dark a bit, to make it more believable for the rest of us?
Besides with all the talk going on, the show almost ran itself, without much need for linking?